Zymol Works for me | FerrariChat

Zymol Works for me

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by D11VE:J, May 13, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. D11VE:J

D11VE:J Formula 3

Nov 9, 2004
    I had the Zymol treatment a couple of weeks ago, took the 575M to Monaco and it was washed a couple of times then and twice since, the paint finish looked aweful.

My friend Dave Zymol came down yesterday and took one look and confirmed it was not good, the wax coating had been taken off.

Here is the deal guys, you have to wash the car in cold water only, and coat it with the special resin they supply -whoops didn't know that or the fact that you don't use car shampoo, not washing up liquid like some here have suggested I do, its a nice car.

Dave has kindly taken pity on me and gone over the car again, all I can say is that it looked the nuts when it was first done, and it is back to its showroom shine now and I will post some piccys tomorrow to prove it when the sun comes out.

Sorry Mr Zymol, didn't have all the data. Thanks again

D11VE:J

2. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Does DZ know that you park where you want and treat Le Presidents highway as your own, putting whatever signs you want on your car?

Dave (Z) - you should have charged the bugger.

Do you do discounts for 2 or 3 cars? And do you need to stop over if you do that many? I've emailed you, but not sure you got it.

3. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004
    He is still here working at this time of night, I will let him know you are looking to hear from him and one of my Fm8's waiting to black PR me yet again, a nice guy like me - huh.

4. LWR550

LWR550 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    East Sussex
    Does any body have a contact for Dave Zymol - sounds like all 575's should be Zymol-ised

5. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004

Dave Z's number is; 07970-713062 he is waiting for your call.

6. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Don't tell me - you blocked his car in on your drive :)

Cheers Dave.

7. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004

Nope, but he said he got your e-mail on his phone but can not reply to it so he will contact you when he gets home late Saturday or more likely Sunday morning.

Car is looking good now, and the procedure after is easy to maintain and neds little hard work to keep it looking good. Wish I knew that before.
    Poor bugger took more than 8 hours between last night and tonight to complete it. Genuine guy.

8. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Splendid.

Now, anyone else in the London (City/East/environs) who'd be up for this?

I'm speaking well out of turn, but if we were to coordinate efforts, Dave might be up for a few beers, a curry, a ride out or two and putting up in exhcange for a bucket (literally) of business????

Dave (Z) - please tell me to piss off if this is a bad idea!

PS I could even try to arrange plenty of securre parking...

9. Musicman

Musicman Karting

Feb 8, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    After seeing the pics of Simon's Murci a few weeks back, I took the plunge and got Dave the Zymol man down to do my Rosso 360M. It's a very low mileage car and I always thought the paint finish looked pretty good (it had the standard Ferrari UK Lacro Body glaze applied when it was delivered new a couple of years ago). However....even I am surprised at how much of a deep shine zymol has given to the car. It really does look great. If you want to get your pride and joy looking top notch for those summer days ahead and can't afford the time to do it properly yourself then I can recommend getting Dave down to treat your car.

Graham

10. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004

Absolutely right, see my latst post with pics.

D1VE:J

11. Dave Z

Dave Z Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    In customers garages
    Full Name:
    Davie B
    Did someone mention free beer and curry , as for the ride , sexual favours are not really necessary , a simple thank you would do.

Davie b
    [email protected]

12. Dave Z

Dave Z Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    In customers garages
    Full Name:
    Davie B
    Hi Graham , got some great photo's