Zune Vs. iPod | FerrariChat

Zune Vs. iPod

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by DrStranglove, Nov 14, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
  2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    It's amazing how long it took Microsoft to come out with that, Apple beat them by years.

3. avalys

avalys Karting

May 26, 2004
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Alex Valys
    What's even more ridiculous - if you have ever bought a song from one of the previous array of Microsoft-sponsored music stores, you CAN'T PLAY IT ON THE ZUNE! You have to buy it all over again.

Absurd. I'm sure Microsoft's partners are unhappy about being screwed over like that...

4. Simba

Simba Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2006
    New York
    The technical details of the players are meaningless. The failure of the Zune was sealed the moment they decided to rent music rather than sell it via the iTunes model. The horrible software and what one assumes will be the usual Microsoft quality control are just more nails in the coffin.

Apple will pull it in hand over fist for a very long time because they accurately perceived the market for digital music fulfillment. Their end-user-friendly approach to DRM is what ultimately sells, and will continue to sell iPods.

5. CAS

CAS F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Clint
    Simba, I respectfully disagree with a point in your post. I think that Apple has positioned itself as a cultural phenomenon and the iPod is a symbol of that. That's why Apple has the portable media player market cornered and most likely, will have it permanently cornered.

Almost everyone I know has an iPod, but it's not because they download music off of itunes.com or because iTunes has a user-friendly interface. They have an iPod because it looks cool, it 'works cool', it's cool to use one.

I would never buy an Apple computer. Just not something I'm a big fan of, but, I have an iPod.

6. Agni

Agni Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    Chicago
    On the contrary, I never used a mac and detested them, but once i got an ipod i started to like Apple and decided to give the new Macbook's a try.

And i am simply amazed by the Mac OS. Its very cool.

On the plus side I can boot up windows to play games on.

I think many people will look into other big ticket apple items, b/c they trust Apple.

Heck now that they have windows on their intel CPU Pc's, i think Apple has HUGE potential.

7. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    Archos 604 Wifi.

its a good unit... but it doesnt matter... the widescreen iPod will have the same features, tighter integration and more restrictive pairing with a single computer (a bad thing) and will sell by the boat loads.

but look at what you can do with a simple little media player... surf the web, use it as a PVR, sports camera... pretty amazing.