Your thoughts on this car? | FerrariChat

Your thoughts on this car?

Discussion in '348/355' started by TheOnlyest, Dec 12, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheOnlyest

TheOnlyest Formula 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Las Vegas Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Steve
    i'm sure some of you have seen this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferrari-348-1995-ferrari-348-spider-convertible-red-tan-owsome_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ157043QQihZ005QQitemZ150194577497QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I'm sorry, but this car just looks stupid... the wing is retarded (in more ways than 1), and whats up with the stickers all over the place!?!
    Theres even a big hood badge STICKER on the hood ABOVE the actual badge!! The black cavallino on the glove box is tacky too. The double license plate hanging down to the ground??? what was he thinkin?!? OMG! IM TRAUMATIZED!!

And $69,000 ??? I cant remember the last time I saw any 348 priced that high from a private owner! I'm sorry if this dude is an f-chatter... but he's friggin NUTZ!!

2. Nicksta

Nicksta Formula Junior

Sep 16, 2006
    DC Ranch & NY, NY
    Full Name:
    Nick Ingle
    Ummm, not sure what to say about that. Wow.

3. gf1red

gf1red Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2006
    Staten Island N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    It looks like a kit car with that junk on it.

4. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    +1----UGLY

5. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    This just makes me sad.

6. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Freak Show!

7. BluMalago

BluMalago Karting

Jan 18, 2007
    Ferrari ownership unfortunately doesn't equal taste. I've always liked the 348 and this one make me want to cry.

8. tchaic

tchaic Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris M.....
    Maybe for $6900 I would take it but this guy is crazy for a multitude of reasons...

9. Cinemagic

Cinemagic Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Cary Christie II
    He missed putting a sticker on the door, what the hell? :)

10. Elliott

Elliott Karting

Jun 28, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Elliott
    All those stickers are probably covering up some damage thats my guess-(due to the odd placement/horrendous display of a lack of knowledge in design)
    Wow that wing is just disgusting why didn't he tie a parachute to the back of his car?

11. bushwhacker

bushwhacker In Memoriam

May 25, 2006
    Phoenix Az.
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Gag!, Choke!, Puke!, What a total POS! Where are the taste police when you need them?

12. Elliott

Elliott Karting

Jun 28, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Elliott
    I changed my mind,
    the three extra Ferrari emblems in the interior that are varying from chrome to black to yellow and the fact that he state "owsome" in the title
    truly do make this custom Ferrari master piece "owsome"!
    Im sorry I will never be able to get over this what the hell was he thinking!!?? It is a nice spider, it looks like it is in really good condition the leather looks great as does the paint, and the engine compartment doesn't seem bad at all! The seats look to be in better condition than mine... What a shame!
    He might as well have written V-tec or TRD on the side of it in my opinion

13. speedtrapp

speedtrapp Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2007
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    He just doesn't want his friends not to know he has an actual Ferrari, so he put the extra stickers on it. I guess where ever he lives it never rains either so in the garbage went the wiper arms too. From my experience Ill bet hes from Brooklyn probley right by the VZ bridge.LOL

14. stickerjay

stickerjay Karting

Nov 27, 2007
    Seattle,WA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    im not sure but i think those decals could add at least 5-10 extra hp each LOL if anyone else need there car to look this stupid with decals i could probally help you out and make them for you and maybe put them on if i can take a pic and point and laugh

15. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  16. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!

17. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    read my mind :)

18. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    The scary thing is that it took some considerable effort to make it that hideous! How the heck did they get the rear wing over at that angle?

19. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    I can't remember a time when I ever thought.... "Hmmm, I should buy that car JUST TO TAKE **** OFF of it"

I remain in a constant state of amazement...

Mike in Kuwait

20. TheOnlyest

TheOnlyest Formula 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Las Vegas Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Steve
    What I also find distressing and scary is... i'll bet this clown thinks his circus-mobile is worth $69,000 BECAUSE of the stupid wing and all those hideous stickers!!
    Geeaz WJHMH, did you HAVE to post those pics IN the thread??? do you know how long it took me to delete those horrifying images from my memory!?!
    Man, I just wanna beat this guys ass!!!! AAAAARGHHH!!!!! If somone actually bids on that thing... I will just ****......

21. Elliott

Elliott Karting

Jun 28, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Elliott
    Nice alignment on those tail lights!

22. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    That spoiler came off a Civic... Yuck....

Best,
    Jon

23. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Maybe someone should contact this guy ( not me of course I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face) and let him know that he is seriously slimming his chances of sale as well as making a mockery of the F cars. WOW!!

24. TheOnlyest

TheOnlyest Formula 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Las Vegas Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Steve
    today he...
    Lowered the starting bid from $50,000 to $38,000 and added a reserve (not met)
    Lowered the BIN from $69,000 to $59,9000

So far he has revised the listing 16 times in 3 days!

25. gandalfthegray.

gandalfthegray. Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2006
    Pinewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I don't think it would take much to return the car to its original state. Step one is the wing of course, but this would leave holes in the deck lid. Fixed for approximately $500. The rest are just stickers, and if one is careful, and knows how, they can be removed without paint damage. Seems it has relatively low miles, and nice interior. The wheels look ok. Will need the major soon however.

I wouldn't be that afraid to buy it if the money is right and one is looking for a Rossa Spider. I recommend an enclosed transport to the body shop though, I would hate for someone to see you driving it the way it is now!