Your car got lots of compliments today | FerrariChat

Your car got lots of compliments today

Discussion in '206/246' started by Pantdino, Nov 6, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pantdino

Pantdino Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I had my 246GT at a nice show near Los Angeles called The Best of France and Italy today, and all of our cars got tons of compliments. When I go to shows I spend almost all my time wandering around looking at other cars, but occasionally I just linger around mine for a while, looking like another spector. In this way I can hear what people have to say about the car to each other, unbiased by the owner being there.

The most memorable quote from today was one woman exclaiming to her companions while rushing toward it (imagine a UK accent here),"This is the sexiest, most beautiful car EVER!"

Another gent told me (realizing I was the owner), "Yours is the most beautiful car in the show." Pretty high praise considering there were two Alfa TZ's, a 250 SWB Berlinetta, and a gorgeous Delahaye present.

Beyond that there were too many "This is my favorite Ferrari" and "This has always been my favorite car" to count.

Since my car is only a "very nice driver" by concourse standards, you can all consider your cars to have been equally or more complimented by all these folks.

Jim

2. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    The biggest mistake I ever made was trading in my 1972 Dino 246 GTS on a F355. While the F355 has higher levels of performance, the overall enjoyment factor was higher with the Dino.

3. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
    DITTO! same for the jag e-type....don't know why but the E-type was a blast and was a full roadster but seemed to age much faster than the Dino has.. ( forget about $$ appreciation!), should have stayed Dino. go figure... in its time the Dino was kind of a shame to drive ( hey history records that they had trouble movin' 'em off the showroom floor) , not a Porsche, not a XKE, not a ferrari ( at the time). What a fabulous car - gotta love its "comeback"

4. Pantdino

Pantdino Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    My mechanic, who worked at a Ferrari dealership when they were new, said most sold for about $12K. Which was still a lot of money back then.
    Anyone heard anything different?

5. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
    from reading histories I hear that they were alot and the problem was they cost more than the porsche which had beter performance and put the little dino at a percieved disadvantage

6. nerodino

nerodino Formula 3
    BANNED

May 19, 2005
    Suffolk UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I seem to remember that over here they were around twice the price of an E-type with the Dino around £6k

7. dignini

dignini Formula 3

Aug 21, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Luigi Marazzi
    If my memory serves me well, Daytona 13k Dino 6.5k 1/2 the cylinders 1/2 the money, or so the saying goes.

8. Pantdino

Pantdino Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    If those are USD, that's too cheap. If those are GBP, it seems too expensive unless the UK had horrendous duties on imported cars.