You go Keith!!!!!!! | FerrariChat

You go Keith!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by 285ferrari, Dec 3, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
  2. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Neither of you get paid enough vs the hard and dangerous work you both do...but thanks for doing it anyway. Jon in Delaware

3. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Looks like our friend Keith is hunting for a 430.

I like his specificions for the 430 he desires except I would not do the factory hi-fi stereo in it. My 06 430 has the hi-fi with the subwoofer in the middle of the two seats. I had the "regular" stereo in my former 360. Sound difference between the two is minimal and I'd much rather have the larger space behind the seats & across the middle. Now, that said, if he wants to put in a major aftermarket stereo with a subwoofer, that is a different story.

As far as a Marine being able to afford a car like that, that is a matter of setting one's priorities. Many years ago when I was just out of high school, I had a classmate that joined the Marines and ended up buying a new Porsche. I thought he was nuts and that the car was way too expensive for his income level. Turns out he did just fine, given that he was single and had other good benefits. He was able to make all of his car payments on time over the next several years. And, when I later saw some of the pictures of him and the stunning girls he took out in his car, it made me re-think "the ROI" on his investment. :)

Good luck on your hunt Keith.

4. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    i tihnk ill post a want ad for a learjet .

5. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    lol----I have a connection

6. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    I was thinking 401-K reference but most refer to them now as "201K". Perhaps yours took a truly severe hit???

7. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Gotta be a brotherhood thing - just haven't found the origination point yet.

8. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It's about Pap getting to 40,000 posts, he's about 80 or 90 off right now.

9. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    +1---Look at all the Mods avatars...

10. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    My guess is the mods dont want their cars to hit 40 k miles.

And good luck Keith.

11. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    4k miles

12. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    roy cats just sold a six speed w/7k miles for 138. The 430 is looking more and more doable.

13. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Hey guys, just saw this post a minute ago. Thank you for all the support you've shown me. It's pretty crazy now that I'm searching for an F430. The prices have come down so dramatically over the past few months, that it's such a no brainer to get into one. The only bad news about my search, is that I just found out yesterday that I'm getting orders to get stationed in Iwakuni Japan. It's also good news too for the fact that I'm going somewhere I've never been to. But it's a two year duty station so I might just come back to Norfolk again for my final two years afterwards. I've been getting numerous offers from many different people and I've seen plenty good deals on 430's all over the internet. I'll keep you guys informed on my decision and whatnot. Thanks for the advice on the stereo option Ron. I haven't heard too many good things about it in the first place...haha.

14. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    As stressful as it gets in the Marine Corps, I'd say its worth it anyday. Upon reenlisting, I recieved a 60k bonus and preference on where I wanted to get stationed next. Of course all of that went into my savings for the 430. Me being single with hardly any bills to pay, helps out alot too.

15. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Good for you--that is awesome!!!! be safe in japan!!

16. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    Yea, keep your head down and all your senses sharp when you head into one of those karaoke bars. :)