You are looking to buy? | FerrariChat

You are looking to buy?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by LRPMAN, Mar 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
    These are a few things that I have had happen in trying to sell mine.
    1. DO not sit in the car, adjust the seats and mirror and PLAY DRIVING you can FLAT SPOT the tires and the owner is not going to be happy at ALL.
    2. PLEASE do not ware your jeans with the rivets in the back and get into the car. You WILL damage the leather.
    3. PLEASE no BELT BUCKLES when leaning over the car and looking at it, put your buckle off to the side.
    4. The car is NOT a place to lean on and tell us all about how you always wanted a Ferrari. Your ELBOWS, PALMS and KNUCKLES will leave a mark and if you push down a DENT.
    5. Please do not ask us to bring the car to you then PICK APART the fact the car got dirty and then pull the WHITE GLOVE on the under frame and then shake your head about the dirt. You drive it gets DIRTY period.
    6. DO NOT get your dirty fingers all over the interior after your white glove game.
    7. If you request a "TEST RIDE" understand that if you drive in a pot hole or try an impress us with your F1 driving expertise you are going to get a BILL FOR THE DAMAGE. Yes my friends this can be done and lawyers love to do it. When you are behind the wheel it is YOUR insurance and butt that is in the wringer.

Last but not least PLEASE do not tell us all about the one for $20,000.00 less in better shape than what we are selling. If that car is for real, GO BUY IT.

Mine is still for sale of course. I have tuurned down $55,000.00 but that was at least CLOSER than $46,000.00, $51,000.00, and my all time favorite a Mustang and $12,000.00.

2. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    That would depend on what Mustang! ;)

Cheers!

3. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
    Agree, a Cobra and I would have talked but a V8 2 door was not something to write home about. Sold our 95 5.0 convertible about 2 years ago.

4. johng

johng Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    northern va
    Full Name:
    john g
    ah, the joys of selling a car. a lot of time wasters out there.

5. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Technically...I think #7 is wrong. If you allow someone to drive your car, you and your insurance have some major liability. If the guy hits a pothole, and it wasn't through wanton gross negligence, you, the owner, suck it up. If the guy kills 14 kids, and his insurance doesn't cover exotics (as most don't), you and your carrier are on the hook.

There was a major article in SCM about this recently. Guy lent his car for a drivers ed, and someone drove his porsche into a stack of cars. Owner was liable for most of it...he lent his car "willingly."

6. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
    But there is a trump card to that. I you are in the car with your OTHER passenger Mr Colt then things can be different.
    Went through this and won with a 1932 Auburn I sold. I was IN the car as a passenger and the idiot just flat ran over a mailbox. He paid to have it fixed and the mail box. Only took one letter from my lawyer and all was well.

7. UpNorth

UpNorth Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 30, 2006
    Quebec, Canada
    Full Name:
    Francois
    Why don't you edit your F-Ad with the price you're looking for?
    Maybe it would get a couple of tire kicker out of the way...

8. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
    I will

9. citrus

citrus Rookie

Mar 12, 2008
    Newtown Ct
    Full Name:
    John
    I want to see youre add,where will it be advertised so I can learn more about the car

10. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
  11. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    Oh no! Man, I think your TR doesn't want to leave you. Well, you know what they say "The best things comes to those who wait"! Im sure you'll be able to sell her soon. The market is usually better during spring/summer time, right guys!?

12. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
  13. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Engine out major done at 7012. We have ALL the history on the car. I am the 2nd owner after the ESTATE. All service records books etc Miles are 11,020 but will be higher since I am driving the car.
    All pictures where taken on 2/5/08 at a car show in Aiken SC. The interior is being freshned by me (Leatherique). I am looking to move this car and will take a REASONABLE cash offer please no trades.
    EMAIL me for a document package for teh car. Showing it is a REAL 11,000 mile car with service records.
    The price I have posted is what I belive the car is worth. Get VERY CLOSE and it is yours.
    PS do not even think UNDER $56,000.00

Ok here are my thoughts on the ad.... Engine out major done at 7012. I assume this is the mileage. You also need to put when it was done if it is three years or more buyers are going to expect a discount for a major service.

I am the second owner after the ESTATE . What ESTATE? Did a previous owner die? Did he die in the car? Is this a car collection since it is in caps? The death questions could scare people off. I would just say you are the second owner.

The interior is being freshened by me (Leatherique) This could put potential buyers off also because it sounds like the interior is in need of a redye. IF it is just to redo the bolster you need to have photos to show the condition of the car prior to the "freshening" so buyers are not scared that the interior was trashed before.

All that said I still think if you buy this car for 58K it is a good buy even if it needs a major service. Just my .02

14. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    Pretty darn sound advice; a helpful critique for an ad that should generate a buyer quickly, even more so after these adjustments.