Yorkville? | FerrariChat

Yorkville?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Titanboy_24, May 5, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Hey Guys,

My brother and I are going to be taking the GO bus from Hamilton to Toronto this Sunday. We arrive at union station but I was just wondering how far Yorkville is from there? I don't know Toronto streets at all, could anyone give me a few basic directions on how to get to Yorkville from there? We are going to be there all day so I am hopeing to get some great spots. I've never been there before so I am really excited.

Also, If anyone is going to be around that area on Sunday? we would love to meet up with you! Are there any specific areas that I should check out? I have no idea where to look so maybe you guys could give me a few tips?

Thanks alot!

Lucas

2. rayman167

rayman167 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    take the subway @ union station, then get off the train @ Bay station~

3. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Lucas,

Bay subway station is your best bet. One end leaves you on Cumberland (one street south of Yorkville) so you are right there if you get off at Bay. I may drive through there in the afternoon in the GTB. Wave me down if you see me and we can go for a coffee or something.

4. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Forget the frikken cars. Paris Hilton is supposed to be around promoting her new *ahem* movie (Staying at the 4 seasons of course).......try and get me a foto of that d**che bag for me. Man I love her and I have no idea why....

Vasco

5. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    Elisha is way hotter....I'd be looking for her ;)

6. stax

stax Karting

May 30, 2004
    toronto, montreal
    Full Name:
    --
    i live in yorkville... gimme a call(PM) and we can hang out...
    best bet to get there... follow my instructions and i will get u there no problem
    union north on the yonge line to bloor station
    you will have to go down escalators and get onto the bloor line going westbound... first stop should be bay
    @ one end of the platform is the exit onto cumberland
    go up the stairs and u are there
    have fun

7. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Well I made my first ever trip to yorkville yesterday. Me and my brother took the GO bus to union station then took the subway to bay street. Thanks for the directions stax, they were perfect! Sorry we couldn't meet up with you, my brother had to be back in Hamilton for work. It took a bit of searching but we found a bunch of nice cars. The highlight was the red F430 that pulled into the parking lot on yorkville ave. It was the same one that I saw at the dealership a few weeks ago. I was surpised that there were no cars at the 4 seasons, all that was there was an E55 AMG.
    Now that I know how to get there I'm going to be going back more often. I am thinking of going on the weekend of the 20th, so if anyoen wants to meet up that would be great!

The pictures came out HORRIBLE! I forgot that my ISO was on 1600, so they were all very noisey. I ran them through neatimage so they came alot better after that.

Enjoy the pics!

Lucas

http://givemealook.com/ipw-web/gallery/album490

p.s. The excursion getting towed is owned by 50 Cent. He is in Toronto shooting a video and I guess one of his "G-unit buddies" parked it in the wrong place.

8. frankzz23

frankzz23 Rookie

Aug 1, 2004
    Yorkville sucked on Sunday car-wise. I guess there is too much construction going on, plus a lot of the bikers had taken up the best spots to park. I was there for brunch, and spotted a Renntech SL55, 360 mod, 355, and not much else.

9. sweets

sweets Karting

Oct 3, 2004
    Markham
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Great pics Lucas. Are you coming out on Sunday.? Hope to see you there

10. tanner07

tanner07 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Olds, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Tanner Wiberg
    Lucas -- did not realize you were on these boards. You may have seen me on scf.net where I use the same screen name. Like I said before, your gallery is one of the best I have seen, great job.

11. AzN-TriNi

AzN-TriNi Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2004
    great pics!!

why is it that everyone seems to have better luck than me when they go yorkville? the last time i went (which was also my first time) i didnt see any ferraris, the best car i saw was an sl55. maybe it was the day that i went (a wednesday if i remember correctly). i had better luck other places around dt spotting cars than yorkville.

12. ara

ara Karting

Dec 30, 2003
    Westmount, Quebec
    how do i get to yorkville by car? i'm at highway 7 and yonge? do i take yonge all the way downtown? i'm only here for one more day, i hope i see something nice.

13. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
  14. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I would head right down Yonge directly onto Yorkville. It's about a 15 minute drive but it's a nice drive. Chances of seeing great cars on your way down Yonge are also quite possible. I take that route many times when I happen to be in Thornhill/Richmond Hill. Just so you know. Yorkville is two streets south of Davenport.

-If you have passed Bloor going south on Yonge then you've gone too far.
    -At Yorkville make a right and head all the way West past Bay. That's where the real Yorkville Starts.
    -Make your way through until it ends at Avenue Rd and make a left.
    -Then Hang the first left at Cumberland and cruise East until Bellair and make a left. You will wind-up back onto Yorkvilee. Etc. Breath in aaand repeat ;)
    -WHile walking be sure to visit the 4 seaons at the corner of Yorkville and Avenue Rd.
    -Ferrari, Maserati and Rolls Royce of Toronto are on Avenue Road just North of Yorkville.

Have fun.

Vasco

15. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Does anyone know where it is starting this year? If I know time and place I will be there for sure!

16. rcagar

rcagar Rookie

Apr 21, 2005
    Guelph
    Full Name:
    Roy
    Where was the F430 parked?

17. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Looks like 50 cents' Suburban has bulletproof glass.....look how thick that stuff is!!