Yamaha Emblem | FerrariChat

Yamaha Emblem

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by Lemke, Oct 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    #1 Lemke, Oct 25, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Does anyone know what the Yamaha emblem represesnts. I'm just wondering because the design looks like those tuning forks that muscians used to use way back when.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    They are tuning forks.

3. Hennessey

Hennessey Rookie

Apr 10, 2004
    WA
    Full Name:
    Josh Hennessey
    The Yamaha tuning fork logo is comprised of three intersecting tuning forks: manufacturing, marketing and technology. While the Yamaha logo has undergone many changes throughout the years and continues to signify these traditional meanings, the tuning forks have taken on added significance. They are also intended to reflect Yamaha's goal worldwide: to surpass customer's expectations, to create a corporate environment that fosters self-esteem and to fulfill social responsibility globally.

4. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    So there really tuning forks. LOL That was just a wild guess. Thanks guys!

5. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    i was actually wondering about this. thanks for the info hennessey

6. GT Fan

GT Fan Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2005
    Uhh, you know Yamaha makes musical instruments, right? http://www.yamaha.com/

(I'm a big fan, I have several 1970's vintage Yamaha guitars that sound and play better than my old Martin.)

7. crazynova23

crazynova23 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    haha, yeah, i have a yamaha sax, best sax i've ever had... has that logo right on the neck.

8. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Don't forget pianos and synthesizers.

9. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    quite a diverse company making everything from musical instruments and equipment to lawn and garden equipment to race-ready motorcycles and ATVs

10. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    I think they also make lip balm.

or no, that may be someone else.

11. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Snowmobiles too.

12. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Years ago, they were yellow. Now they are blue. When did that happen? Are Kawasakis still green? I'm taking about the factory "team" bikes, not the retail models.

KevFla

13. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Yamaha motorcycles are one of the best road performers out there on the market. Their automotive engineering department is nothing to laugh about either, as they have been in association with Toyota for a long time. In fact, many of Toyota's race-breed engines were done by Yamaha. Even Ford can not deny Yamaha's ability as the engines in their Tarus SHOs are all Yamaha engine, which is agreed among any automotive enthuists or journalists to be the greatest part of the car. When it was first released, Ford was not able to provide a automatic transmission strong enough to pair with the engine, thus they only came with manual shifts, which eventually lead to SHO's dimise. When Jordan first entered F1, they were using Yamaha V12 engines.

Yamaha is a company of many talents, their stereo components are one of the best off the shelve pieces that you can buy.

14. ahighland

ahighland Rookie

Jul 11, 2005
    Bloomington, IN
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    As far as the dirt bikes go, they have been blue for quite a while now. For 2006, they are offering retro models with yellow plastics and graphics. I believe each dealer gets one.

15. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    definitly agree with you there. i think i was reading something the other that talked about how the R6 is rapidly becoming one of the best performing 600cc supersports on the market now

16. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    #16 Doody, Nov 1, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    hear hear!

i'm a very happy FZ6 owner.

after a couple years i'll upgrade to an R1 :)

doody.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Very innovative company. I had an 87 Yamaha FZ 750 bike that had what was then a new engineering idea of a 5 valve per cylinder engine. Fantastic engineering. They also came out with the first production 4-stroke snowmobile a couple of years back.