Yacht | FerrariChat

Yacht

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by Westworld, Aug 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    I've always admire the beauty and grace of the large to mega yachts today. Figure if anyone had pictures, feel free to share them. :)

It seems today's mega yachts are getting too "cruise-ship size" for me. What's the largest size can you go that will allow it to dock at many ports (including all the "yacht hot spots" in the world)?

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Some of them do look very nice. I definitely appreciate some of the design put into them. I can't remember the name of my favorite off the top of my head. For exterior, it would have to go to the big brother of Limitless. It's something like 400ft, but doesn't look like a cruise ship at all.

3. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I would really like to own a yacht. But a wise man once said "the two happiest days in the life of a boat owner are the day he buys it and the day he sells it"

Can you rent yachts? maybe thats the way to go?

4. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    You can rent almost anything you want,try www.thesacksgroup.com.

5. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    You can charter many yachts complete w crew for a week or more

The nicer the yacht the bigger the $$$. I've seen 1 for $125k per week !!!!!

try http://www.campernicholson.com

6. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    I've always been curious, what are the yearly operating costs (I would assume it would be a budget that is heavy on fixed costs-with staff, maintaining the ship, docking fees, ect.)? Also what is the typical square footage of living space in large yatchs?

7. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    I once heard that the yearly operating cost is 10% of the purchase price roughly...

8. VK430gt

VK430gt Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 18, 2006
    Anywhere Anytime
    Full Name:
    VK430GT DUH!!
    my dad had a 70 foot hatteras before i was born, and boy was it a pain in the ass to keep. he bought it brand new and he paid $5,000 every time he filled up his gas tank. He washed the teak decks every weekend! but he gave it up for me! How nice!

9. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004

Geez! Between a private jet and yacht, you better be bringing in a nice yearly income to cover those expenses. :)

10. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Check out the yacht database and the forums on www.yachtspotter.com/

The database has a listing for almost every large yacht in the world, the forums have some great pictures of megayachts.

11. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Does it really matter? Mega yachts have normal yachts stored in their garages for normal harbour docking! :D
    I think I'd have to have a Queen Mary II, complete with Go Kart and Motocross track inside, a Rising Sun, a Katana, a Wally 118 and a Van Dam. That ought to do. :)