XBOX live membership price increase | FerrariChat

XBOX live membership price increase

Discussion in 'Technology' started by frefan, Sep 3, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Got the email about the membership price is increasing from 49.99 to 59.99. As someone in the software biz I had a fundamental problem with that, its a cash cow for M$. And I don't use it that much.

So I called them to cancel my membership. Got the hard sell on all the new features coming down the pike. Listened to that for 5 minutes while I put them on mute and continued killing zombies.

"No, sorry, not interested in those things. I really can't justify the expense right now"

The response was, a bit to my surprise, "Well Mr. xxx, let me see what I can do for you" [long pause]. "Would you like us to renew your membership for not 59.99, not 49.99, but $39.99?"

Uh, OK.

2. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Get a PS3 ;):p

3. Earthboundmisfit

Earthboundmisfit Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2009
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks. Mine isn't up to for renewal for a while but this is good to know. Though, you don't really need to cancel, if you don't renew, it will just expire, so there's no real need to call. Canceling early is just removing service you've already paid for. Did you call to say you wouldn't be renewing?

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    +1 :D