Would you pay over a million dollars for a car?. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Would you pay over a million dollars for a car?.

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Pantera, Aug 4, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedy4500

speedy4500 Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2004
    I think you're pushing it a bit saying $1M is jet pricing. Remember that jets also have a much higher operating budget too.

While $1M may seem significant to most of us, there are people in the world, the billionaires among us, to whom $1M is not so significant. $1M is no more than 0.1% of their net worth. If your net worth is 'only' $250k, it would be equivalent to buying a car for $250. Bottom line, if you have the means, $1M for a car is not that extraordinary.

2. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I would not pay $1m for any car, even if I had plenty of money. the cars in that price range do not appeal to me for various reasons. The most I would spend on a car is about $200k.
    BT

3. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004

Considering I could pickup a used Northrop F5 for about 500k and it will be faster than anycar or bike, the cost on a typical jet is about 30k perhour or more and the maintanice cost alittle more. It will still cost alot of money regardless.

But I would still rather be flying a Jet at sub sonic speeds at 5k FT than be driving a Million Dollar car on the public roads with all those idiots out there who might see and take it as an opptunity to make a pocket deal. There's just to many idiots on the road for me to enjoy a million dollar car like a Veyron.

There's no way id call the police if someone hit my Veyron there would be street justice right then and there!.

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

You could be driving a 1962 GTO in most of the US/Europe, people wouldnt know its worth more than their building .

5. FerrariWA

FerrariWA Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Seattle/London
    Full Name:
    Thomas Summerfield
    I would pay a million to be the first in the US with a Zonda F Roadster in carbon fiber. And then show up randomly to a car show, and just watch everyone face. Thats worth a million to me.

6. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Ryalex....

Actually my present line is a lot more than $1MM.....I'm just adverse to running up interest holding stuff on the floor......it irks me to have to inventory a car at $100K.......LOL !!