Would you make this trade? | FerrariChat

Would you make this trade?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Teenferrarifan, Oct 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    As some of you know I am off at college so I am not living at home. I just found out that my mom traded her hummer in for a G500. Would you do this? What are your thoughts? I will post pics after I see it on sunday. Any other g wagon owners?
    Erik

2. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    We need details. Hummer H2? 02 or newer US GWagen? If it was an H2, and it is a US GWagen I would do that trade in a second. The G is a real unique vehicle, not a dime a dozen H2.

3. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
  4. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

The G wagen is ten times the truck.....ten times the bling mobile.........and ten times the off road vehicle that the H2 is.

5. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    The G is brand new btw.
    Erik

6. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Not a big Gwagon fan, but good choice......

7. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Your mom definitely did the right thing. The G-Wagen is by far the better vehicle. Not even in the same class. Some may think the H2 looks better but I don't.

8. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I don't know that much about them, and can't wait to check it out on sunday. That's part of the reason i posted it. Would you buy a g over a ranger?
    Erik

9. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Let me help you.......

Gwagon = 1 of the best out there..... Enjoy

Is it the 55, 500, Cab, ?

10. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
    The Gelaendewagen is a real deal. Do some research and you'll find a lot of them made in the 80's that are still running.

I wish MB offers more choices here in the US, like short wheelbase & cabs.

11. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    the H2 is a just a glorified tahoe w/ a squarer body. they're ok but not even in the same class as the G. the G is the real deal. i had a G55 and will definitely get an '05 G55 w/ the E55 engine in it as soon as some used ones start hitting the market. iirc, 470 HP, about the same speed 0-60 as the cayenne turbo :)

have you seen the replacement for the G?? what a dissapointment that they're getting rid of the box. basically looks like a monster ML.

12. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff

I am with you here. When the used ones start hitting the streets I am in as well. Can't justify the 105k price new. I heard 490HP. They just started delivery the other day. Main thing that pisses me off is that they continue to use the same cd Navigation that my 02 has. A big disapointment in a 100k new benz. The new G will be the end of an era. Too bad.

13. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    It is a brand new fully loaded with the designo charcoal interior G500. That's all I know as I haven't been home to see it yet.
    Erik