World's Fastest Road Car | Page 4 | FerrariChat

World's Fastest Road Car

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Mr. V, Dec 25, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    thats cool I guess its all about the personal taste.

I don't mind the Vector W8 at all but as far as the Veyron goes I look at it and I always think "Man theres alot I could do with a million dollars besides spend it on this" Is it really worth it?. I don't fancy the looks of a Veyron but iam sure that car drives like a cloud which is probably its strongest point of all.

2. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Without a doubt in my mind the SSC probably suffers more turbo lag then the Veyron I wouldn't be suprized at all.

Turbo charged cars are awsome indeed iam not gonna lie at all I love turbo charged cars like the Buick Grand National, Supra, 300ZX they are amzing machines but when it comes down to a Supercar with a turbo charger Its a turnoff, if iam going to pay the money for a car like that I want to hear a V12 scream behind my back when I get on it, I want to see what this V12 with nothing done to it can do sure a GN sounds cool when it does a burnout but you can't tell me thats its over shadowed by the sound of a Lambo or ferrari reving its engine.:D.

Anything with a turbo charger will have amzing performance no doubt but I want a Supercar with all raw muscle coming from a V12 engine without a turbocharger. Supercharging is great and turbo charging is even better but that stuff oughta be left for the racecars and kitcars to show what those applications can do.

3. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    The 4 turbos are pretty much to accelerate that weight though. VAG knows it's a heavy car, but those 4 turbos help minimalize the acceleration to carry said weight.

But if you find turbos or superchargers a turn off, wouldn't that mean you don't like the F40, Ford GT, 911 GT2, etc?
    Well, you have to understand. The days of the Bugatti who created the EB110 are gone. You're talking about a car created by the great Gandini, not the Veyron's Waruss & Kaban.
    Because these days, raw power isn't cheap to build. Lamborghini has been building raw V12's ever since they started, and look at what kind of financial history they have. It took a V10 to finally help them keep the V12's going. Ferrari & Mercedes are the only companies I know of (off the top of my head) who are still able to build raw V12's without any money issues. And even then, these "raw" V12's are still not the raw 12-cylinder engine we once saw in the 90's. These "raw" engines are now filled with all kinds of technology.

My point is, just building a simple, 600Hp V12 anymore doesn't cut it. You have to add something new to it to keep it fresh for the market and to keep up with the competitors who are switching to more efficient engines. A classic example would be Porsche. They know they can save a TON of money by simply building a twin-turbo Flat-6 that can be as fast as a V12.

In just plain simple terms, the ratio of Buyers interested in just good ol' fashion supercars to folks who just want something to show off in/be fast in is just too small. Manufacturers are going to want to cater to the larger group because they know that's where they can make the most money.

4. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    nope but if given the chance to take something with a v12 id take insead.

ill tell you one thing to me Gandini designed a much better car for much less than the newer up to dated Veyron because I loved the old EB110SS that car is
    amzing in person but the Veyron I look at that I know they could have done a better job.

You see and thats why id still perfer a V12 powered Supercar over anything turbo charged, sure I could build a GN to be faster than a Lambo but at the end of the day id still rather have that V12 even if its more expensive than anything turbocharged because these engines are a master peace what can I say a work of art. Turbos don't belong on supercars nor do superchargers, where talking about supercars here not racing cars for that i might as well go buy a top fuel dragster and grow a mullet :D