World Class Driving Festival | FerrariChat

World Class Driving Festival

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by GDRIII, Sep 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GDRIII

GDRIII Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    George Roberts
    I was wondering if anyone is going to this event this week (9/3-7/08) at French Lick Resort? I'm going down Friday and I am looking forward to it. Looks like a lots of fun and a great opportunity to drive some fantastic cars.

2. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    Sounds like fun, but IMHO the price tag seems a bit high for test driving a few cars.

3. 1badimport

1badimport Karting

Oct 17, 2005
    Indiana
    I'm going some time over the weekend..

4. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    any more details or linky???

5. jetfixr

jetfixr Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    northeast
    Full Name:
    Gone
    George,

We were gonna go but I'm working to get a jet going.....Not sure if I'll pull it off in time...I'm trying :)

6. GDRIII

GDRIII Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    George Roberts
    Hey, you got to pay the bills "son". I'll take lot of pic's and bring back some tales. I can't wait to get my hands on the SLR and the 599. Maybe will see you guys at the Maserati event on the 12th.

7. GDRIII

GDRIII Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    George Roberts
  8. GDRIII

GDRIII Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    George Roberts
    This was way more than "test driving a few cars". The whole event was way over the top. See my post today in the "Sultan of Michigan" thread. Nine drives (over 1/2 hr.) in each car letting you drive them as the were ment to be driven and lots of partying in between. The SLR just blew my mind! If you ever get the chance do it. It was worth every penny.

9. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    Is this destined to be an annual event? I sent an email to the organizer to find out about available cars last Thursday and never heard back as the website didn't share specifics.

Looked like a blast - going next year for sure!

How did you like the hotel??

10. GDRIII

GDRIII Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    George Roberts
    The hotel is first class and has gone under extensive renovation. On Sunday both WCD and the hotel said it will be held again next year with even more goodies.

11. jetfixr

jetfixr Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    northeast
    Full Name:
    Gone
    Sorry I couldn't make it "dad" :) :).....I had to get a customer airborne :)

I'll see you this weekend ....Right?

Take care