Woo Hoo! :) | FerrariChat

Woo Hoo! :)

Discussion in 'New England' started by enjoythemusic, Jul 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
  2. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Happy Bday

3. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K

NICE !!! .... What did you pick up ? Any details or links ?

Kenny

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I really dig that setup. Have more fun than should legally be allowed!

5. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Kenny and Wax,

New rims (Kinesis K27), tires (Mich Pilot Sport PS2), front brakes/rotors (Brembo), and (still undecided which) new brake pads.

The hard part was deciding between 18 or 17 inch rims. The 17 won out for a bit of better flexibility and went with 17x8 front and 17x9 rear rims (stock is 16x7 and 16x8). Nothing too extreme, yet should put approximately 4 inches more rubber on the road as compared to stock yet not SO MUCH so that it has a negative impact on handling. TOO WIDE a tire is not a good thing PLUS you have added more unsprung weight (bad bad bad) due to heavier tire and rim.

The Mich PS2 are said to be amazing for street (not R Type) tires and very good in the wet as i do find myself driving in the rain from time to time.

The Brembo front seems sane, keeping stock rear as there seems to be little benefit in uprating the rears and i'd lose the emergency brake.

If anyone reading this wants to chime in with their eperience PLEASE do so. The ink is not fully dry and can back out or make changes.

PS: debating modding the front air dam for better brake cooling.

6. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! ;-)

7. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    JUST had a revelation! For track days i DUMP the fog lights and use custom made air intakes routed to cool the brakes. This KEEPS the car "stock" with fogs for normal driving and mods it for track days while also leaving the stock aero package as is :)

Sweeeet! :)

8. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Steven,
    Congrats! How much does joining the track cost? How much track time do you get? What mods must be made to the car to make it "track legal"? I'm a complete newbie on this stuff.

Best,

Birdman

9. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Birdman,

Cost varies, see their website. Plan on a minimum of $5k to join (one time fee) and $75/mo. for ground fees. Track sessions are 20 per year for basic members, but you can buy more sessions. As for the condition of your car for the track... we need to talk

10. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    Happy Birthday, Steve. A little belated as we just got back from a few days off. Many, many happy returns.

Tom & Linda

11. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Stephen: Be *SURE* to post pics when you get the new wheels and tires on your car. I'm also interested in your subjective comments about the different in handling.

12. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Smart man! Take your pick of ways to do it according to other Marque drivers

13. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven

Will do :)

14. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Wax,

Yes, i feel there is no need for road grime/dust/dirt/pebbles hitting the rotos on the street so it will be fog lights. For the track a few tools and PRESTO, air cooled brake ducts :)

i am REALLY thinking this whole thing through and have already decided the next few steps. Got a full race suit on order and some track time to come in mid August. <crosses fingers> Hope all this effort, work, and $$$ will be worth it.