Wnaa Be | FerrariChat

Wnaa Be

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Highmiler, Jun 6, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Highmiler

Highmiler Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2010
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #1 Highmiler, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
    This article is interesting.
    You have to wonder why anyone would buy an even more rare car when the real thing is priced so low. It is fear, I suppose, and the author makes a good point concerning dealer labor rates.
    Some of the comments are also very interesting.

Greg

Ferrari 400 versus Bitter SC -
    Autoweek[/url]Next Best Thing: Ferrari 400 versus Bitter SC - Autoweek

2. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I own both, they are side by side in the garage.
    There is a lot to be said for the Bitter.
    The Bitter and it's humble underpinnings make it a far more practical, dare I say better, "car". It is very comfortable with better creature comforts and doesn't drive like a dump truck at 30 mph. Remember when it was big news here that a New Yorker actually employed his 400i as daily transportation?
    The Bitter's 3.0 liter six doesn't even have a cross flow head, comparing engines is a fool's errand but with nearly a thousand pound weight advantage the Bitter does just fine once up to speed, also happy to cruise at triple digits. My automatic equipped Ferrari can also be humbled by Korean econo-boxes in a stop light drag.

There is no doubt that Herr Bitter cribbed the shape, so what.
    Calling the Bitter "Wnna Be" is incorrect and given the lack of respect for the 400i this characterization seems sour grapes to me.
    My Bitter is a fine tourer.

3. Highmiler

Highmiler Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2010
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I did not intend to denigrate the Bitter, I'd never heard of it before reading the Auto Week article. In it the author called the Bitter "The next best thing" and makes the case for the Bitter being more affordable and reliable.

My only point is that if you want a Bitter, buy one. If you like the 400, buy that and don't be intimidated buy the horror stories.

Greg

4. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    I remember well when the Bitter came out. I thought that it was one of the prettiest cars on the planet. I had not ever even seen a 365/400 as yet. I think that it has its own place in history. Jq.