Witnessed a horrifying crash on I-275 | FerrariChat

Witnessed a horrifying crash on I-275

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by AxerJk, Jun 16, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    We might be hearing about this one on the news. I was driving on I-275 N about a mile or 2 south of Eureka, when I saw a driver going too fast in the right hand lane. There was a car ahead of him, and he couldn't slow down in time. He ended up swerving off the road on the right side, then fishtailing and smashing 2 or 3 other cars off the road REALLY fast. I'm not even exaggerating, it looked like a NASCAR pileup. It happened RIGHT in front of me. I looked on the traffic updates, and it turns out there was an overturned vehicle.

The ironic thing is, I was coming home from Flat Rock Speedway, watching school buses doing figure 8 racing. Their *goal* is to crash into each other and run each other off the track. It's hilarious and a LOT of fun. Little did I know what an awful pileup I was about to see.

I suspect the driver who caused it was drunk. I can't be positive, but either way, it is a real reminder of what awful things can happen when you drink and drive.

Please let this be a reminder that if you have had too much to drink, don't get behind the wheel of a car. Your family is too important to you, and you are putting other people and their families in danger too.

Chris

2. envytheZ06

envytheZ06 Karting

Sep 11, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Calvin
    Speaking of accidents my friend in his twin turbo Z06 hit a cop car tonight, ( i think it ended up totaling the Z06) just goes to show anything can happen when you are out driving.

3. sca037

sca037 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2009
    Northville, MI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    That sounds just awful.............

These days, it could be K2 or even a nutjob huffing computer cleaner, eh?

Brian

4. Brian420

Brian420 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2009
    Suburb of Detroit
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Huffing Computer Cleaner!! This is the first time someone brought up the incident from Copper Canyon a few weeks ago.

Chris - We're going to have to get you a Gopro so you'll never miss any footage.

Regards,
    Brian

5. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    I actually do have a GoPro now! It makes for some awesome footage!

Chris

6. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
  7. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    I heard about that, and have seen the car numerous times. Is he OK?

8. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    At that point...... Look, the computer cleaner container took a major hit in this situation. Apparently in a final "huff", the "operator" exited the vehicle and could not stand up. Everyone present was dumbfounded when local police allowed the "operator" to remove personal effects from the vehicle he trashed and walk away without being custom fitted for silver bracelets.

9. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    I quoted the wrong box... meant to quote envythez06.... I witnessed that "operator", and am still surprised he wasn't hauled off in handcuffs.

10. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    Gotcha Isaac..... understood. (sorry)