Winter in comming. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Winter in comming.

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by markcF355, Oct 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. markcF355

markcF355 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Schmeckelstan
    Full Name:
    Mark
    How many horses do you have pulling the 330?

2. Modeler

Modeler F1 Veteran

May 19, 2008
    State of confusion
    Full Name:
    a.n.other
    We've cattle ranches bigger than Texas in Oz.
    Mercator cheats.

3. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Mark,

The horses are scattered at the moment. Francois Sicard is rebuilding the engine.

Regards,

Art S.

4. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    still ?

5. aleventhal

aleventhal Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    Well, all I can say is so far, so good - BUT - if it does rot away, that is OK to. Frankly, values of 400s being what they are, the differnce between a rotten 400 and and pristine 400 is probably less than $10k - far less than the depreciation on any new car I could replace it with over the same time / mileage.

6. aleventhal

aleventhal Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    Bruce - no offense taken whatsoever. I am actually surprised reactions to what I am doing have been so positive overall - I expected worse. I guess people figure the world will survive even with one less brown 400i in it. : ) Again, though, I have put 30k+ miles on her in 3 or so years and so far, to my amazement there is no sign of rust. Go figure. I will certainly keep everyone informed as time goes on...

Alex

7. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Brett,

At the moment, I think he is mining the ore that he needs so that he has just the right material to cast new pistons... The goat sacrifice is next on the agenda.

Honestly, I'm not sure what is going on, I've been flat out at work and have not been paying too much attention (we have a couple of interesting engine tests coming up, including a natural gas pipeline engine - it has a catwalk around the heads!).

Regards,

Art S.