Will The Tesla Model 3 Be A Game Changer? | FerrariChat

Will The Tesla Model 3 Be A Game Changer?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by F355 Fan 82, Jan 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    I was at the mall tonight walking around and noticed the tesla store had a line that was unbelievably long, I can't even explain it to you. So I googled to see what was going on and found this article about people waiting an hour and a half just to see the car

https://electrek.co/2018/01/13/tesla-model-3-attracts-large-crowds-with-first-display-cars/

I know alot of people hate tesla but nobody can deny their popularity, i think 400 or 500k put down deposits 3-4 years in advance for this car. I saw one in person the other day seemed like a neat little car for the $35k they advertise but the owner told me his was spec'd out at almost $60k. He said it was the best car he's ever owned. I drove a model S and although cool I still went with a mercedes S class. This model 3 though some of the reviews I've read have compared it to the model T many years ago as a game changing car? It seems very cool and the demand seems to be there, tesla seems to have more production issues than demand issues, but for not spending any money on marketing tesla built quite an impressive brand and this might be the car that takes them mainstream if they can keep lowering costs while upping production capabilities.

2. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    They do seem to be very stuck with production issues tho, not a few of which appear to have 'political' aspects attached....if they can't get past those soon the biggies & the asians will catch & surpass them on sheer economic power...