Will be buying a Mondial T this year | FerrariChat

Will be buying a Mondial T this year

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by mondialfan, Jan 1, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mondialfan

mondialfan Karting

Jan 1, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Happy New Year to all.

I've been given the green light by the boss (wife) that I finally am able to replace my long gone (7 years Ferrari-less) 308 QV.

This time, I would like to get into what I said I never would do as I got older - a four seat Ferrari. Sometimes, there is nothing wrong with a little comfort to go along with the experience.

My question is to those with more experience between the different Mondial versions as far as reliability, performance, comfort, etc. I'd probably prefer a coupe but a great condition cab may be enticing too. I would imagine that 35-40K should be a good price range.

Thoughts? Comments? Were the T's more sorted than the 3.2s? 3.2s more sorted than the 3.0 QV's? Probably wouldn't like to go older than 1983.

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Hello Rick and welcome to F-Chat. Since there were only about 42 T-Coupes imported into the US you may have to "settle" for a Cab.

A lot of others here have put it in better words then I could so I suggest you do a search at this site. Expect to find enough info to keep you busy for several days ;)

3. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    T's are worth every penny!

-Peter (lots of experience with the 8, owned a QV Coupe for five years and smile every time I push the loud pedal on my t Coupe)

4. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Go for the T.

I like them all, but the T is exceptional.

5. Fyrrari

Fyrrari Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    David