Wii Gift ideas | FerrariChat

Wii Gift ideas

Discussion in 'Technology' started by WJHMH, Nov 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    #1 WJHMH, Nov 30, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
    I was asked to get my 2 nieces & nephew a game for their Nintendo Wii game system, Last year it was Guitar Hero III, my half-sister is getting them Rock Band. Their ages are 12, 10 , & 7. I'd hate to get them a flop so does anyone have any ideas what they might like?

2. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Lil' help?

3. Blue@Heart

Blue@Heart F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Yellowknife, NWT
    Full Name:
    David
    If the family is not super-sensitive to cartoon violence get "Rayman Raving Rabids"

I've only played the first one (but I hear the second is more of the same) it's basically a whole bunch of crazy and wacky mini-games that feature adorable little rabbids bunnies. The violence is cartoon (shooting bunnies with toilet plungers, sling shotting cows, etc) but may not be appropriate for hyper-violence sensitive parents.

I would have no problems handing it to kids those ages.... :D

Game website: http://raymanzone.us.ubi.com/ravingrabbids/index.html

Hope that helps! If you have any questions feel free to PM
    -David

4. illpayne

illpayne Rookie

Aug 10, 2008
    los angeles
    Full Name:
    chris
    Mario kart for the wii or that wii music game

5. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I must be in the minority (many other people I know love it too), because I absolutely hated that game. I'm not really much of a video game person though, so I prefer tennis, golf and baseball for my Wii.

6. badges2

badges2 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Geneva, IL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    #6 badges2, Dec 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My kids (8 year old boy and 6 year old girl) and wife love Carnival Games for the Wii. All of the games are easy to do and you compete against everyone else if you want to.

You could also get them American Idol Encore which is a karaoke singing game. It's pretty fun for the kids and the adults will have fun after a few cocktails! The only problem with the Wii version is you can't add more songs beyond the 25 or 30 pre-loaded ones. We've actually been playing the Singstar games on our PS2 as they have more choices of music genres (80's, 90's, Country, etc.).

Good luck!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Thanks for the suggestions, I saw the ad for new Raving Rabbids TV Party but I think that might not go over well with my half-sister. I might go with Mario Kart, seems like a no brainer. The kids already have all the sing-a-long games, it get very irritating after a while.

8. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    My cousin just got Animal Crossing with the Wii Speak thing. She just turned 13, so I guess it's for all ages. Depends what you like. I like the sports games for the Wii. I don't like to sit down and use the WiiMote, the way it works sucks.

9. Ducky355

Ducky355 Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    Oaks, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I was actually going to recommend this game, but it is for the less-sensitive parents. I prefer the second one over the first. The second one is more of a party game where you can just kinda pick it up and play multiplayer mini-games. The game is hilarious fun and similar to the first there is a section where you scan through a scene and shoot plunger at the rabbids. In the second one it is actually looping video, so it looks fairly decent. Also, they just released the latest one that I believe utilizes or can use the Wii Fit (IIRC it is called Rabbids TV)

Unfortunately, to me... many of the other games are all too gimmicky. They seem to be hit or miss among kids and much of it depends on the functionality and utility of the wiimote. I sold my Wi a while backi, but my wife misses rabbids.

10. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Mario Kart is the one to have. Don't rule out Wii Fit - not so much for the fitness piece, but the balance board is used in other games (Skiing, Cheerleading).

Also, Mario Super Sluggers is cool. Personally, I'd skip Rock Band 1 and go with either Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero World Tour. Both of those are better than Rock Band 1 (which I own for Wii).

11. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I picked up Mario Kart today, I'm sure it something the whole family can enjoy. The older I get the more I look at the ESRB ratings, I dated this girl many years ago that let her 8 year old son play Grand Theft Auto III not knowing what it was all about.