Wiesmann pictures | FerrariChat

Wiesmann pictures

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by DavkeG, Oct 13, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Is that the thing with the M3 drivetrain?

2. DavkeG

DavkeG Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    I believe it's got an M3 engine, not sure about the drivetrain, but you're probably right.

3. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    Saw one live last week. Meh.

4. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Horrible looking car, the rear end is a travesty. The C type grill ripoff almost lends credibility, but no.
    I must admit that design is subjective, but only partially. There are certain things that cannot be considered appealing based on "individual preference" and this car is one of them. I got sucked in to owning a Panoz roadster for awhile, and thought it was one of the ugliest things on the road. This car's rear end makes the Panoz look good, and that is a monumental feat.

5. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I've always been a fan of the Weismann cars and think they're fantastic looking except for...you guessed it, the rear end. Really the only fault with the rear as far as I see it is the sheer number of lights they use. If they were to simplify that area to maybe two on each side then it would definitely look less of an afterthought and more harmonious. Granted, it's styled in that TVR'esque over the top organic manner so I guess there's only so much you can do to make it look more...um, normal. :) The coupe version isn't so bad looking either, but again those taillights...aahhhhhhhghghhgh!

6. DavkeG

DavkeG Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    http://autorai.msn.wegenermultimedia.nl/autorai2005_gfx/wiesmann_gt_achter_groot.jpg the gt's got less taillights :) (I'll probably be able to get some good gt pics in 2 weeks)

7. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    Well, it has a lot of lights, that's for sure.

8. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.
    I spy a 340R in the background of the first pic :D

9. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It is also in pic 5,7,and 8! Man I wish those came in the U.S.

10. DavkeG

DavkeG Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    the 340R in the 1st pic is actually a different one than the one in the later pics.

11. DavkeG

DavkeG Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    I went to a Wiesmann GT presentation today :) The Wiesmann PR guy was really friendly, I got to sit in the car, got a free cd-rom with pictures, a Wiesmann pin and some brochures. It's a really nice car, I especially loved the interior. It's got the BMW 4.8 liter V8. I'll post some pics later today or tomorrow.

12. R33

R33 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    Kent,UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Creed
    #13 R33, Oct 22, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The headlights remind me of the old Jensen CV8(see below), the rest is sort of TVR-ish.
    Quite a rogue-ish looking car. It seems that some of the smaller car manufacturers are going back to the retro look...I quite like it. More curves than some of the bricks driving around.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. DavkeG

DavkeG Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    #14 DavkeG, Oct 22, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. R33

R33 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    Kent,UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Creed
    very nice. A 1960's Lotus Elite series 1, and a 1970's Europa, which strangely carried a 1600 Renault lump.
    Nice photos though

15. DavkeG

DavkeG Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    The Europa is a 1974 Lotus Europa Special , with a twincam engine to be precise :)

16. R33

R33 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    Kent,UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Creed
    Ahh, even better. The last of the Europa's with the proper Ford/Lotus Big valve lump in it. Not bad at all pushing out 126 BHP in those days. I think it still ran a Renault gearbox though.
    Quite a collectable car now i think.