Why do you drive what you drive? | FerrariChat

Why do you drive what you drive?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by TexasF355F1, Apr 5, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I've been thinking about this for a long while, but the "Re: Women" thread reminded me. Driving ANY car, i.e. Exotics, custom cars/trucks, ricers, etc, that draws attention would make most people assume that they are driving them simply for that reason: to draw attention.

I drive a dropped truck, 20's, etc that does draw attention. That's not why I drive it. I drive what I drive because that is something I like. Hell, when I first got the truck 6 years ago, my friends were the ones expressing everything on my truck to people. They would just ask what I drove, I would reply Chevy Silverado and leave it at that. No need to elaborate unless I'm asked if anythings done to it.

I don't care what people think of me in it, don't care if they like it(of cousre I always appreciate any compliments), or don't like it, or just think i have a low-self esteem and have to make up for it. I personally don't like a lot of attention.

When I'm able to afford my first Ferrari, I will be doing so out of my passion, admiration, and all out love affair with what Ferrari's are all about.

What are your views about the cars you drive and love and peoples perception of thinking you're an ego-maniac?

I hope this thread makes sense, I'm having a major brain-fart today causing me trouble to express myself in words.

2. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    My A6 is dying slowly (tranny) but I thought it was too soft. Wife used it primarily in the beginning. My favorite car that I currently own is my 1982 911 SC. The 911s prior to the 964 have a rawness about them that appeals to me-no power steering, ABS, airbags, computers and other BS that adds weight and complexity. BMW active steeering? No thank you!!!! These cars have character; together with Porsche's racing history and it is a deal closer-would love to pick up an '89 Turbo. Sadly, today Porsche is more interested in building 4 door sedans than in racing.

My next daily driver may be the Lexus 350IS. Why? Because Toyota races in F1;they are commited to racing and after Ferrari I respect them the most because these guys started from scratch-BMW, Honda, and MB are mere engine suppliers; Renault had to buy Benetton.

Having said all this, if I can have 2 sportscars it would be a Porsche 930 and a Ferrari 3xx. If I can have a third, it would be a Lotus S4s...

3. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I drive what I drive because it's a blast to drive, and because I like the way it looks.

I don't care what anyone else thinks. People who buy cars to get laid are pathetic.

4. Vibrant_5oh

Vibrant_5oh Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Jeep is basically an applience. You know...point A to point B transportation. It especially comes in handy when the white stuff falls. I don't really care for it much though because i don't feel as connected with it. I don't watch the mileage, i don't personally hand wash and wax it for 2 hours, i don't garage it the whole time, and i'm not that defensive about letting friends/family drive it.

Now the mustang and camaro are a different story. I really liked my Mustang GT and camaro z28. I'm young and still in school and so these provide the most thrills, power, and speed for not too much $$. I like the good old American v8 exhaust note, instant tq, and the camaro was 162mph capable out of the box. Not too many cars are faster for the $$$$. I like the history as well. They're no Ferrari, but mustang/camaro have been around for a while and have heritage/history unlike most other cheap cars on the market. I love the classics.

5. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
  6. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Walking is overrated.

DL

7. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

how about hiking? ;)

8. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    Darth thinks hiking is overrated too since he stopped doing it :)

9. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    My DD is a pickup truck because I like sitting high enough to see the brake lights of the 3 cars ahead of me, not just the guy I'm tailgating. :D

10. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

i was reading that and thinking "wow a guy with double D tits"

damn

11. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I can play with them any time I want and I don't have to buy myself dinner first. :D

12. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

well you gotta eat a lot..to have them gigantic knockers

i think gentry has double FF

13. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    he's such a vag.

14. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

I was thinking my bestowed nick: Dic Doc.

15. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

you self absorbed man
    you!

16. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I think access roads WITHOUT 50 foot sinkholes are over rated too! ;)

DL

17. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

SAN FRANSCISQUITO CANYON BABY!