Whose excited about Wii U? | FerrariChat

Whose excited about Wii U?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Mr. Francesco, Sep 13, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    The press conference is still streaming live as I type his, but I did happen to watch a little bit of it. Nintendo is definitely headed in the right direction.

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu

2. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    Always hopefully for any video game system. Problem I have is the lack of games that I like playing on ANY System. I have a 360, Wii, ps2, and XBOX 360 hooked up now and after playing all the call of duty and Halo series I'm just bored with what's out there.

Only thing I've done on my XBOX in the last year is download retro arcade games in the the XBOX my arcade program. PS3 is my blu ray and Netflix machine. Let my dad use the Wii for the workout proogram since I never use it. Nothing like using the rewind feature on Defender or Scramble to get a high score or to the end of the game. So Xbox is the only thing I play anymore and at that for old games.

If this thing is just another way to play another Mario Kart or Zelda I'm probably not interested.

Holding out hope and waiting to be dazzled though.

3. Subarubrat

Subarubrat Formula 3

Apr 1, 2009
    VA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I got my hands on it at E3 last year, and more at play expo this year. I could go into a long discussion on this but in short, I think this could be a repeat of Sega and their exit from the hardware business. It makes no sense, the control method is not as innovative as the Wii and it feels silly waiving this etch a sketch around in the air. The price is a jaw dropper for the younger gamer and enough to move it out of the impulse buy market for older gamers. I think that the Wii U might arrive to a deafening round of indifference and be a flop on the order of the Virtual Boy prompting them to cease console manufacture and make games for the Playstation or Xbox.

Even with its horrible video/controller it could stand allot better chance at $250 with an A+ Mario pack in game.