Who will be at the St. Louis European show June 4? | FerrariChat

Who will be at the St. Louis European show June 4?

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by Indigo, May 19, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Indigo

Indigo Karting

Dec 13, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Hope to see a good turnout this year of some Italian beauty!

Since Bentley STL is the main sponsor..... Will we see the FXX??

2. drrobfast

drrobfast Rookie

Oct 6, 2005
    Metro East, Il
    Full Name:
    Dr. Rob Fast
    I for one wasn't aware of the show. Where is it at? I can certainly find time, especially if the FXX is going to make a showing. That seems awfully optimistic to me however. Anything with a prancing horse is fine!!

Rob

3. drrobfast

drrobfast Rookie

Oct 6, 2005
    Metro East, Il
    Full Name:
    Dr. Rob Fast
    Thanks Indigo, are you going to be out there??

Rob

4. Indigo

Indigo Karting

Dec 13, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I will be out there. We are bringing a beautiful Porsche 356 and possibly a Pantera out there. We are going to be one of the sponsers of the show.

www.motoexotica.com

5. LopeAlong

LopeAlong Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    West of St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I have it from a very good source that indeed the FXX will be there. I want to get there early and hopefully park my lowly 308 next to it - although I would hate to take all the attention away from it...... I can then tell my baby, "See, you take the right amount of steroids, develop a few more cylinders, and you can grow up to be just like this one!"
    Jim

6. erikandersondesigns.com

Mar 5, 2006
    Lee's Summit
    Full Name:
    Erik Anderson
    Anyone from KC want to caravan over the STL for the show?

7. mdaj

mdaj Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2004
    KC,MO
    Full Name:
    Mark W.
    I will be in St. Louis that weekend for the NOPI event. Never been to it so it should be fun. My friends and I have decided to make a trip to this event Sunday morning.

8. sara T

sara T Rookie

May 22, 2006
    uhhh - yeah - well - i now know for a fact that the fxx will NOT be at the show. it sucks but whatever - i guess - its just a car anyway.

9. Indigo

Indigo Karting

Dec 13, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Where did you get that information from?

10. sara T

sara T Rookie

May 22, 2006
    from the owners of the fxx last night at the unveiling of the continental gtc.

11. Indigo

Indigo Karting

Dec 13, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Dan
    May I ask who you are and how you got to go to the unveiling?

12. Dmitry

Dmitry Rookie

May 23, 2006
    lol, shes sara T and thats a capitol T MR!!!!!!

13. hardsports

hardsports Karting

Jul 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Brett
    The FXX will be there as Bentley is a primary sponsor of the event. What I want to know is ...... will JJ be driving the car or trailering it to the event......

I'll be there with my 360.....

Brett

14. sara T

sara T Rookie

May 22, 2006
    no - it wont be. and jj wouldnt be the person to drive it if it could be driven from the dealership to the show. if it is there - i will be incredibly surprised. like i said - i talked to the owers of the car. and although bentley is a sponser - they will only be taking bentleys to the show not ferraris. or at least that was deal last night - so unless they change thier minds or they were just lying to me - its not going to the show.

about the unveiling - somehow im on the bentley dealerships mailing list - i have no idea how though. and they may take me off after last night.

15. Dmitry

Dmitry Rookie

May 23, 2006

Dear sir,

Not only is the car not a street driven car. JJ is too tall to fit into it and be able to drive it. Als JJ is not the one who drives it at race events.

BENTLEY St. Louis is the sponsor so there will be Bentleys there.

16. drrobfast

drrobfast Rookie

Oct 6, 2005
    Metro East, Il
    Full Name:
    Dr. Rob Fast
    I was at the dealership today to take a look at the FXX. I spoke with Kurtis the salesman....real nice guy. Took alot of time to talk to me even though I made it clear when I walked through the door that I wasn't buying today. Man what an unbelievable car!

Anyway I asked him about the show and he said that they were very likely only taking Bentleys to the show, maybe not even the Masers. He said that there were no plans to take the FXX since its a Ferrari, and Bentley STL is a sponsor.

Makes sense to me, in the showroom they have a little control over who comes to gawk at the car. That car at a show would draw people like crazy, and who know then...

So apparently sara T information is correct.

Later,
    Rob

17. hardsports

hardsports Karting

Jul 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I got my info from one of the organizers of the event and it was wrong. I called and Tom conformed that the FXX will not be at the car show. Bentley is apparently providing an air conditioned tent for their automobiles and its pretty much their show because of the big $$$$ they are spending.

Sorry about the mis statement......

I know it's a race car and not street legal and I know JJ wouldn't fit it was a figure of speach. But, why couldn't they put a dealer tag on it and drive it such a short distance. No brake lights? No turn signals? I guess thats reason enough not to do it. Does it even have an onboard starter?

18. Dmitry

Dmitry Rookie

May 23, 2006

Yes break lights and yes blinkers... i guess if you can call those tiny little led squares any sort of indicator. :)

[​IMG]

There is just no way they would rist driving it.. and it probably wouldnt make it over some of the bumps/potholes on lindberg or many other roads around here. It does have an onboard starter.

19. LopeAlong

LopeAlong Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    West of St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I also got my info from an organizer who said it was entered. Granted not much $ for someone with that kind of firepower to back out on. Oh well, hope it makes it anyway. See you there Brett.
    Jim

20. Techn9ne421

Techn9ne421 Karting

May 7, 2006
    Prairie Village, KS
    Full Name:
    Kyle Brady
    When are you leaving?

21. Techn9ne421

Techn9ne421 Karting

May 7, 2006
    Prairie Village, KS
    Full Name:
    Kyle Brady
    Does anyone know what time the show starts?

22. Indigo

Indigo Karting

Dec 13, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Dan
  23. Techn9ne421

Techn9ne421 Karting

May 7, 2006
    Prairie Village, KS
    Full Name:
    Kyle Brady
  24. erikandersondesigns.com

Mar 5, 2006
    Lee's Summit
    Full Name:
    Erik Anderson
    I've had an opportunity present itself and I'll be forgoing the car show.