who is this sign autograph? | FerrariChat

who is this sign autograph?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by cavallopazzo, Feb 3, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cavallopazzo

cavallopazzo Rookie

Jan 28, 2013
    #1 cavallopazzo, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    who is this sign autograph?
    this is the sign on ferrari warranty book from mondial 1988 march
    italian car, italian market
    of blackmondial32 my cousin

we read FERRARI and maybe one G

who can recognize this sign?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Interesting Autograph but I suspect it is only someone doodling Ferrari G on that book and no one of significance.
    I checked my 88 warranty book and do not have anything like this. A search on the web found nothing as well.

But interestingly to me, this name was still used on this book in 1988. (Societa per azioni esercizio fabbriche automobili E Corse)

We know its not Enzo Ferrari's signature. Dino was not around but Piero does not autograph like that. Enzo Ferrari first son was named Alfredo after his grandfather. He was called Alfredino = "little Alfredo", which turned to "Dino" for short. Piero Lardi Ferrari is the second and only living son of Enzo Ferrari and presently 10% owner of the Ferrari automotive company where he is also Vice Chairman of company. His mother was Enzo's mistress, Lina Lardi. As divorce was illegal in Italy until 1975, he could not be acknowledged as a Ferrari family member until the death of Enzo's wife, Laura, in 1978. His legitimate half-brother, Dino, died in 1956 of muscular dystrophy.

Key Dates:

1929:
    Enzo Ferrari founds Società Anonima Scuderia Ferrari to buy and race cars.

1940:
    Enzo Ferrari ends his association with Scuderia Ferrari and establishes Auto Avio Costruzione, which was initially involved in making aircraft engines.

1947:
    The design and manufacture of Ferrari sports cars begins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    *1960:
    Company is restructured as a public company and incorporated under the name Società Esercizio Fabbriche Automobili E Corse Ferrari--SEFAC S.p.A.

Early 1960s:Ford agrees to purchase the company but the deal falls apart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1965:
    Company is renamed Ferrari S.p.A. Esercizio Fabbriche Automobili e Corse.

1969:
    Fiat purchases 50 percent interest in Ferrari and takes control of passenger car operation; Enzo Ferrari retains other 50 percent and maintains control of motor racing operation.

1988:
    Enzo Ferrari dies; Fiat increases its stake in Ferrari to 90 percent.

1989:
    Company is renamed Ferrari S.p.A.

1992:
    Luca Cordero di Montezemolo is hired to head Ferrari, and launches massive overhaul.

1997:
    Fiat sells 50 percent stake in Maserati to Ferrari, which gains management control over Maserati.

1999:
    Ferrari gains full ownership of Maserati.

3. peterdavid911

peterdavid911 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2012
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #3 peterdavid911, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just looked at mine and attached is what i have as a signature, its on the inside cover page of the warranty book, different to what is posted above. The warranty book is dated 1st April 2007.

Mike, thanks for posting the date changes. I am really interested with what happened in 1992, when Luca Cordero di Montezemolo was hired to head Ferrari, and launched a massive overhaul. What did he do and how did it affect the cars?

Many thanks, Peter.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. BlackMondial32

BlackMondial32 Karting

Aug 27, 2007
    the sign is

FERRARI G or

ferrari e (with corsive e)

this is a mistery !!

we see different MESCHIARI booklet but this name is not meschiari

5. peterdavid911

peterdavid911 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2012
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Who is MESCHIARI? Does anybody know?

6. BlackMondial32

BlackMondial32 Karting

Aug 27, 2007
    no :(

who can contact maybe marcel massini for some infos?