Which of "7" Clutch hoses do I order? | FerrariChat

Which of "7" Clutch hoses do I order?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by davidgovett, Jun 3, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davidgovett

davidgovett Karting

Apr 9, 2010
    Alright, determined a particular leak was not the Clutch Slave Cylinder but the hose connection to it coming out at the connection. (Hose is 23 years old, rubber had come off etc) It's about 12-14 inches long with compression fitting on one end and a ring on the other end that connects to the Cylinder. It is the flexible connection between the hard metal tube connected to chassis and the Cylinder to allow some give during up & down movement.

So, I look it up on the parts catalog (Ricambi for example) under Clutch and Controls and it shows up as part #43.

However, part 43 has 7 versions. Three I can rule out as English/Right Hand Drive.
    Can't figure out which one of the 4 others I should order. (Each has a different price too)
    Will be consulting local Ferrari Dealer Tech and staff but thought I would see what the experts here would know. Any ideas what it means when there are several versions of the same part listed in the parts catalogs?

Thanks.
    David Govett

2. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA

Have you called Ricambi? They will know.

3. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    +1, they are on it.

4. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    +1000

Cheers, Hank

5. davidgovett

davidgovett Karting

Apr 9, 2010
    #5 davidgovett, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
    On the Mondial 3.2 parts page, the clutch slave hose is switched with the metal tube. So, there is only one version of the part it turns out. The 7 variations are for the long metal brake line that meets the hose. (Thus the variations for long or short runs depending which driver side and other possible variations)

got it fedexed in time from T-Rutlands. Very expensive hose (207.00) but essential. Will send the old one out and see if some company can make me a spare or two for a better price.
    Car is running and doing well.

Thanks

Dave

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I love a happy ending.

Taz