What's This All About?? | FerrariChat

What's This All About??

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by blkprlz, Sep 6, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
  2. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    I did see it yesterday, actually, while trolling for goodies and thought to myself the very same thing!

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    The late 400i OM shows a suspiciously similar looking item 52 (only described as "switch available") in the Instruments and Controls, Section I -- maybe it is used for something on only some variants?

If you've got a late 400i, what's presently located in that switch 52 position and what does it do?

4. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Good eye Steve, I missed that. What's unique to the 400i Series 2 & the 412 over its predecessors is that they have a self-leveling valve & pump system for the rear suspension. My Series 2 has a blank cover plate in that area, & the previous models have oil filled shocks.
    I'm thinking that this is where the sunroof switch would go if equipped. Maybe an owner of the Series 2 or 412 that has a sunroof could verify.

5. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    I did not look for the position 52 in OM but I assume it is in the place opposite from the antenna motor switch. In my car there is an identical looking "dummy" switch, that does not rock and nothing behind the plastic. (I've installed my AC antifreeze switch in that location.)
    Ken

6. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    What's an AC antifreeze switch?

7. fez1238

fez1238 Karting

Sep 5, 2007
    Im not sure on this one - first time Iv heard of a switch for the self leveling system!!

The sunroof switch on mine is next to and slightly under the steering wheel eg in front of my left kneecap in the drivers position on a RHD drive car.

That switch doesnt look of the same type for our cars too rounded at the edges. -

It also reminds me of an Arial switch (Up and down) nothing to do with self leveling.

8. elipinski

elipinski Formula 3

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    Emanuel
    in our 400 i 1983 Series II this Switch was for "Antenna up/Down", regards- e

9. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    +1

10. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Then what's on the other side of the console in position 55 (where your OM shows that the antenna up/down switch should be)?

Same question for you kerim...

11. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    #11 koisokok, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Steve I think your right..Top two are the left and right window switch, bottom left was my attena up and down and bottom right was just a dummy blank switch that did nothing..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Where does the power window switch go??

13. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    +1

14. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    AC antifeeze switch is located next to the blinker fluid refill cap. :D

Regards,

Art S.

15. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Really?

Mine's located exactly in the centre of the drivers seat but its a hollow tube instead of a switch which is perfect - that way after a good meal I can blow hot air straight down the tube and prewarm the engine prior to startup thus gain better cold start fuel economy.

Clever buggers those Italians !

16. SouthJersey400i

Mar 14, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    .........continuing where I was about freeeze up; laptop has a mind of its own.

So I installed a tastefull switch opposite the antenae switch and put it in serries wiith the relay output to the compressor. When siwtch is 'open', the compressor drops out and fan(s) keep running. So while driving I can start to detect loss of air flow from the vents. I flip switch open and system defrosts in a few minutes and I switch it back. Annoying? Less than the freeze up.
    Ken

17. SouthJersey400i

Mar 14, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Art

Here is shorter version of first part of my reply. Both AC evaporators froze up for years after 40-60 minutes driving. OM says turn blue knob to low to avoide freeze up; it never worked. So in went the switch and freeze up avoided.
    Ken

18. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Call me strange but I still prefer the hot air tube installed in my seat......