What was your most blatant "I've got money" comment... | Page 16 | FerrariChat

What was your most blatant "I've got money" comment...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by F1Ace, Nov 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. honda_fox3

honda_fox3 Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2012
    Well since this thread has been revived.................

Kind of a different take. My younger brother keeps asking me what I spent on things lately (not "rich" by any stretch of the checkbook) for example we recently sold our first house and are upgrading as well as moving closer to work, all in all with the difference in interest rates and fuel/maint. savings we are about breaking even. Well first thing he asks after I showed him the plans was what we spend on it.

To top it off in the last month or so he has told me twice, so has my mother, that I should just give him one of my cars because I'm not using it and he just sold his truck so needs something to get to work. Now borrowing I'm fine with but GIVE? I personally think that is pushing it a bit. Granted it is a beat up cheap commuter car but I can't justify giving it away for nothing. Apparently he thinks I have way more money than I do.

2. JeremyE30

JeremyE30 Karting

Jun 12, 2013
    GA
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    When my wife and I were looking at our current house, the real estate agent was talking about how now is the time to buy, interest rates are low, etc... and was giving us a number to one of her mortgage broker friends for approval. I told her we were just going to pay cash instead. I then immediately felt like a *****, I should have told her initially when we went to see the house.

I know many will say to keep a mortgage, but it was a cheap house in GA, and makes sense for us now.

3. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Not a brag but having myself handed my ass.
    A few years ago I was an executive dealer for a very well known window manufacturer. We annually did over a million in business with them. I was having some big problems on a very large order and ultimately wound up in a phone conversation with the company's owners son. He was CEO at the time. The conversation got heated. He told me that they wipe their asses with million dollar accounts.
    I told him to be careful.......next year he was going to be a little short on toilet paper. He didn't care.

4. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    A few weeks ago I loaned a friend $950 so he could buy a classic guitar and resell it on ebay. Sale went through fast, $500 profit to be split 50/50 realized after expenses.

He was all set to pay me back loan + profit but the night before the catalytic converter got stolen off his car - he went ahead and gave me $1000 and said $200 coming in a week or so.

I replied "Take your time, I won't miss it", and immediately felt like a real doosh.

5. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Went to the movies with a very wealthy friend of mine. We had stopped and bought Jamba Juice ahead of time.

The kid who takes the tickets wouldnt let us in with our Jamba juices as they want you to buy their soda instead.

My friend said, now worries we'll also buy sodas. Kid still said no, we had to throw away our jamba juices.

My friend reminded him that the Jambas were not costing them any less profit as we would still but their soda. Manager came over and wouldnt relent. No Jambas inside.

So my friend starts throwing 20s at them saying, what if we buy everything in your fking snack bar !

it was hilarious.

6. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Did your friend ever meet the Duncan Donut lady, that's been discussed here lately?

The kid's just doing his job...he didn't set policy.

7. Kyoso_Joey

Kyoso_Joey Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Joey
    Im a pretty short guy, only about 5'2 with a wife that wears heels that makes her about 5'7 and gets hit on a lot, even in front of me.

Well, this one time we were at a party and a guy started to hit on my wife in front of me and asked her if he could take her out in which she said, " I dont know, let me ask my husband" and turned to me.

When the guy saw me he said, " wow thats your man, hes really short".
    To which I replied, " Yeah well let me stand on my wallet and Ill be a few feet taller than you."

He then said out loud "DAAAAAAAAMN" then laughed and gave me a high five and told me Im a lucky man to have such a hot wife.

LIKE A BOSS.

8. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Last October My wife and I moved into an exclusive guarded/gated neighborhood in Los Angeles. Mind you, we bought a distressed property, we are the Beverly Hillbillies, bought it for a song etc. Prices start at 1.5M (we paid half). S

So after a hard day of cleaning out all the moving boxes in the garage to put the TR inside, we looked like homeless people. Dirt covered faces, grubby clothes just nasty. Wife says, "Lets explore the neighborhood in the Ferrari......like we belong!" Done! I throw some towels on the seats and let our unkempt hair blow in the breeze. We were driving in awe at our new community when we drove past a dinner party saying good night at the front gate of some mansion. Must have been 15 people saying good bye to each other. Well the white TR got everybody's attention but I kept driving as we looked like death warmed over. Little did I know it was a dead end street. My wife just sank deeper into her seat as I had to do a u-turn at the end of the street to prepare for the walk of shame.

As I approached the group of staring neighbors, I rolled down my window and calmly asked, "Anybody know where to score some meth?"

I thought it was funny,the HOA....not so much.

9. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Lol!!

I once asked a (very) wealthy individual where he kept his jet. He replied, "Which one?"

10. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I just tell folks that I'm LIFETIME ROSSA on FerrariChat.com and that shuts 'em up REAL FAST!

:D

D

11. niklas

niklas Formula 3

Apr 25, 2008
    Chilliwack BC
    Full Name:
    N. Olafsson
    #386 niklas, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    At the SFO executive aviation center, this guy asked if he could borrow my pen. I gave my trust Bic to him, chewed cap and all, without a moment's hesitation. As I walked away, I casually said he could keep it.

Don't hate me.

13. 458steph

458steph Karting

Jan 17, 2012
    Near Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    I am a RN and work with a lot of guys who think since they are MDs you are going to drop your panties for them (yep they still exist urgh).
    So many many times, I explain that my jr high school sweetheart of a husband is all I want they say he can't be that good. I don't wear jewelry, and I work in scrubs, ponytail. And yes I don't have a huge rock on my finger. In fact it is teeny tiny for the US : the diamond comes from his great aunt and I won't upgrade. (Nobody knew at work for a year that we got the car...)
    One day, one of them was really obnoxious and I got my trump card out.
    I then show him my cars.
    My commuter is a MR2 spider not much but pretty nice and fun and a chick driving a stick is not common. He said um, meh. I show him my garage pic and then he realize the other car in the background. Heheheheeh. And then of course word spread that I own a F458.

The funniest part was when one of the super arrogant MDs who own a Bentley (hehehe) came to me all smilling and sweet after learning that, changing his attitude towards me totally (from being big rich jerk to hey we're buddy now). He came to talk to me about maybe getting a ride or something, I nicely told him to get lost I was not interested in his new found friendship! Priceless. And I went on my merry way.

Or even better now, I have a video of me autocrossing/tracking the F458. We'll see if I show it to some arrogant guy to see his reaction!

Another instance was when I was shopping for a Lambo and one of the physicians I work with show up and recognize me and was totally baffled about why I would be here. Came to me and greeted me and asked if I was just getting a good fun look on exotics (he's a ****** btw), I answered no I am shopping and test driving two. And pointed to my F parked next to the Lambo I was going to test and show my key. Priceless look on his face.

14. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3

You win.

15. F430Rod

F430Rod Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2007
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Rod
    This is more about a buddy of mine than me. I was just along for the ride. Buddy had an appt to test drive the new Audi S7 when it came out. No big deal really.

The sales rep had my buddy's name on the car saying "reserved for". Some slightly obnoxious older guy around 55 or so with his wife apparently wanted to test drive the car also and apparently wanted to go first. My friend is in this lates 30s and I look pretty young also.

As they were in the in the process of removing the car out of the showroom I was wondering who was going to go first.

The older guy made a comment like he already had one on order but in a different color. He also said something else which i only partially caught. It seemed though he was insinuating that since he was buying one that he should go first.

My buddy said something to him and the older guy got quiet. We then hopped in the S7 and I asked my buddy what did you tell him?

He said he told the guy he bought his R8 there and maybe that's why he was going first. :D. Got a good laugh. I don't think I would have said anything. I don't think my friend would have normally said anything but this guy really felt he should go first for some reason.

16. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    One time at Chili's I said the hell with it, forget the 2 for $20 menu and give me the regular menu damn it!

17. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    reading the first ~10 pages I'm surprised no one has been punched for some of the crass things they've said!

18. pascaa

pascaa Rookie

Jun 1, 2008
    Quebec, Canada
    Full Name:
    Pascal
    #393 pascaa, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    How much for the dog?

Yep that's right, that's the most blatant "I've got money" comment I ever got.

Always had my dog with me in my store. Someday, some guy comes in for some reason or another. Seems like he's trying to impress everyone, at least I think he is with his driver standing close to him. We talk a little, he drops the I have a Ferrari, this that and I'm just about done with him. He notices, start showing his wallet, probably had a black card in there but I've got no idea what that looks like, is it black? Anyways, just a big show off. The old girl, my dog, decides to come and see what a customer made out of money smells like. He sees her, drops to the floor and plays with her. I mean complete face licking and all. Like he's a kid. So he's not so bad after all, me thinks.

Few minutes later, said gentleman comes to me and says "How much for the dog?" I reply with a smile that the dog is not for sale. He looks at me with a stern face and says "Everything has a price." I tell him to have a great day and he walks away. 5 minutes later the driver comes back in and is insisting, tells me to throw a number out, because the boss apparently always gets what he wants. I gave him the direction to the local dog shelter and told him I bought it there for 150$. Never seen them again.

So there goes, my "I've got money moment". I can resist selling a freaking dog.

Cliff notes: I'm an idiot, this was my only chance at striking it rich, instead I'm still picking up dog ****.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

19. NORTY

NORTY Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2008
    CARLSBAD, CA, USA,
    Full Name:
    NORTY
    Read the first page and this page. Did I miss anything of value in between? Thought not.

I always just "let snide comments go" as this isn't a competition. I guess it is to some people.

20. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Why so snotty and dismissive?

What you missed is the same thing that makes so many conversations here fun...namely the witty humor of some very funny people.

Don't take yourself so seriously, I can promise none of us take you seriously either.

21. bikerider

bikerider Karting

Feb 19, 2012
    Maryland
    OMG...now that's funny!

22. Dubya

Dubya Karting

Jun 30, 2013
    Sydney, Australia
    I work as a B737 pilot.
    One day I was being screened by security dude for bombs etc etc just before the start of my shift. I was running a bit late, and I kept on checking the time on my watch.
    He asked me "have you got somewhere to go?" in a smartarsed tone....
    I said "Not really, but I'm getting paid $6 for every minute that you're screwing me around".

23. JonRobertQuinn

JonRobertQuinn Karting

Dec 10, 2006
    El Dorado Hills, CA
    I lost my company in 2012. Thats a story in itself, but one night I was sitting there in my porsche, broke trying to figure things out, and had just lost my apartment, so technically homeless. I saw a bum with shopping cart and thought to myself, I know how he feels now, then remembered I was still sitting in a porsche. A year later, I am building another company and engaged to a beautiful woman working for a great mortgage company. And the bum? Still walking with a shopping cart. Enough said.

Oh and failed to mention. Bought another porsche yesterday. Hard work pays off.

24. JonRobertQuinn

JonRobertQuinn Karting

Dec 10, 2006
    El Dorado Hills, CA
    So im at work right now, yes on F chat taking calls about mortgages. I am talking to the guy and of course interested, I want his loan... then he says, its a double-wide. Nevermind... click.

25. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

OK, this one wins.

Not to go all P&R on you but really? you take a shot at a homeless person to make yourself look/feel better?

That's a sad commentary on you, not him.

D