What was your most blatant "I've got money" comment... | FerrariChat

What was your most blatant "I've got money" comment...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by F1Ace, Nov 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    OK, so some (if not all) of you guys have some real money.
    And I'm sure you're all mature enough to not run around saying "I've got money", yet I'd bet that once or twice it's slipped out, maybe in a rather crude way.

So my question is:
    What's the most blatant "I've got money" comment you've ever made to someone, that still makes you giggle. Hey, maybe they were asking for it!

Best!
    Wes

2. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    #2 LAfun2, Nov 29, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

"Yes, that is my Ferrari."

:D:D:D:D

4. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    ROTFLMAO! Hysterical.

For my contribution, I was selling an investment property once and got a very low offer. Buyer says, "sorry for the low offer but times are tough".
    I arrogantly replied, "no, times are tough for YOU not me, offer rejected!"
    (Oh well.)

5. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    I asked for bearnaise on my Big Mac, does that count???

6. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    This one was from someone I know (not me!).

After his second time waiting nearly an hour to see a doctor for a scheduled appointment (the doctor was habitually late for scheduled appts) he frankly tells the doc "If I have to wait again, I'm going to send you a bill for my time...and I can guarantee you my time is worth more than yours."

Pretty arrogant but true in this case.

7. gentry

gentry Guest

I hate the idea of doing it, but sometimes, being human, it slips out.

I have never used money as a guage of a persons worth, and I certainly hope I never do start to do that. I love money, but I would much rather be a good person and poor than rich and an *******.

Wait, I think Im an ******* already, DOH! Anyway.

Mine tend to be inadvertant. Paying for people when I dont need to (friends, family, etc). Im always the one grabbing for the check. Ive been told I try to buy friends, but I hope it isnt that way. I hope it is the way I think it is, that I just like helping people out.

I think the worse thing I ever did simple drop the pricing on the homes that we build to another person in the business. I think I felt insecure at that point and he was bragging, so I slipped it into the conversation when it didnt even really fit. I could rationalize it and blame it on him opening his mouth and saying something rude, but it was still my decision, so no excuse.

I try not to number drop unless a question is asked, and even then, I dont like saying the numbers.

8. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    my most obnoxious was probably when i got my 355 Spider and folks would ask me how i liked it, i'd reply "hey, it beats walking.".

still makes me chuckle, but pretty obnoxious, for sure.

doody.

9. Cicero

Cicero Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    not really on topic, but perhaps related. I think it is strange how as you get involved with things that cost more money the numbers become sort of irrevelant or at least less impressive. I used to think "if I only had $5K I could do this or that"...yet next week I'll be borrowing $1MM for some real estate yet I am already worried about how to make the next deal come along.

10. gentry

gentry Guest

join the club. In my limited experience, it never gets easier or less stressful.

11. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I once pulled the Miata into a full service station and off-handedly said "fill it up".

12. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    Hey, some pretty good ones there!
    I've got one, but ya gotta ask for it, it's bad.

HOW ABOUT THIS ONE?
    A guy who worked for my dad years ago had this one:
    He was looking at an expensive house and the realtor asked
    "Are you sure you can afford this house?"
    To which he indignantly replied....
    "Can I afford it? Hey you better watch it or I'll buy up the whole block!!!"

Of course he couldn't, but ya gotta love the attitude.
    Only guy I know who owned a Bricklin.
    Ahhhhh Tony, where are you now.......

13. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    I asked some skaters to stop jumping their skateboards off the front steps of a high rise building I own. When they asked who the hell I was, I responded "I own the f'ing building. Yes, THIS f'ing building. Now get off my property". Skaters can't argue with $26 M.

14. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I don't know what is more obnoxious, what you said to the kids, or the fact that you posted the $$$ value of the building you own ;)

15. tesseract

tesseract Karting

Dec 24, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Jeff W.
    Not quite on subject, but close.

I was walking one of our shopping centers in Tampa with my property manager and this big muscle-bound guy pulls his motorcycle onto the sidewalk and parks to go into the Gold's Gym. My PM (a slight woman around 50 years old) tells the guy he can't do that. He replies "What? do you own the sidewalk?". She say "No, but as a matter of fact, he does" (pointing to me). I still chuckle at the sight of this guy tucking his head down and pushing his bike across the road into the parking lot.

(Trying not to be obnoxious - it was just funny)

16. Lillith

Lillith Rookie

Aug 17, 2004

Those pics are priceless and truly worth three-thousand words...hahah.

17. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    my most arrogant point came about 10 years ago.

I had a corvette, I was driving through this parking lot and this kid in a mustang was reving his engine, so everyone would hear his loud exhaust and one of his friends yells to me as I was litterly driving by I bet you his car could blow away your car, so being the great guy that I am I pulled over and me and my friend got out and walked over to them (with their smug looks) and I said so you wanna bet huh, one said how much you wanna lose. I pulled about 4000 out of my pocket and and counted it out right in front of them and said I bet 4k right now that my car can beat your car, then I said ohh you dont have 4k? why dont you go home and ask your daddy for it and come back. then we will race, i got in my car and left. the look on their faces was priceless.

john

18. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    Love it!!! ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT ! ! ! !

Also love the $4g story. Beautiful!

I wanna hear numbers, I'm not insecure about it.
    I know, "Wes, you may not be, but someone else may be."
    Relax...and keep 'em coming!

19. gentry

gentry Guest

One of my favorite movie situations like this is in The Thomas Crown Affair.

Thomas Crown walks into his building and walks up behind a security guard leaning on the wall infront of (Im guessing a private) elevator. Thomas clears his throat to gain the guards attention as he was chatting with another man in a business suit. The guard turns around and says "what do you own the building" The man in the suit pulls him away the guard says "what?" and the man in the suit replies "He DOES own the building!" The scene then cuts to a close up of his cheek and mouth to show a slight smirk.

Great scene. While I never plan to own a high rise in NYC, that would be a nice ego stroke, thats for sure.

20. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    Obnoxious? And the title of this thread is..............?

21. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    But of course! I just liked the brazeness of BOTH comments! :D

22. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    "I really miss the Concorde...".

23. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

We have a winner here.

I don't mean the comment to the skaters, it's the declaration to US he owns a $26 million dollar building.

Let's see anybody beat that!

24. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    LOL...I gotta agree.

25. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    OK, I like the Concorde remark.
    I once laughed at a snooty sommelier and asked him where the "real" wine list was....;