What tires do have on your Mondial T? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What tires do have on your Mondial T?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by CFCARRIAGE, Mar 1, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CFCARRIAGE

CFCARRIAGE Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2006
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I was trying to hold off till fall, but I did GY Eagle F1s all round.

Last month on the way to Indy for the USGP I popped a belt/cord in the LR. The Dunlops that were on had good tread but were too old and didn't like the heat from the road. Coulda been a real bad scene, but she limped to the hotel. She shook like an earthquake at low speeds with that tire being out of round. I luckily found a Goodyear store about a mile and a half from the hotel. They were more than accomodating and set me up the same morn. They even droped my wife & I off at the track and picked us up in the afternoon. Great guys. Gemini tires in Indy.

So Sera had new shoes for the Gathering of Ferrari on the circle. The ride home was quite different than the one there. Had some drizzle the last 40 miles...I drove with total confidence on those Goodyear Eagle F1s!!!

Thanx guys...After having drove around on them a bit I can totally reccomend them for their performance and looks. They look gr8 on the stock rims.

Dave

2. fgg

fgg Karting

Jul 5, 2005
    Dearborn, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Frank Guido
    I like the the GY Eagle F1's (had them on my NSX). They look great on the stock rims in the pics of Hank's car. Has anyone had any experience with the Pirelli P Zero Nero M&S tires on the stock rims?

3. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    #28 snj5, Jul 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    As I've mentioned before, I am trying a different approach and keeping a moderate size but a much higher technology tire in the PS-2s on 17" rims with 7.5 and 8.5 inch rims. I've chosen the same tires as on a stock Porsche Boxster, which are 205/55 on the front and 235/50 on the rear.

Upon installation, they look wider than their size may suggest. Here are some photos (the engine is out so the whole car is sitting very high, and there are spacers on the rear).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. johnish

johnish Karting

Jun 21, 2004
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Isherwood
    I've not tried Eagles on the Ferrari, I ran them on a BMW M3, and on a very hot Vauxhall Cavalier, and they were great.

I've got Pirelli P Zero Negro on the Mondial t, and they are OK, but I haven't tried them in extremis yet, so can't recommend them or denigrate them. They're fairly quiet, and seem to hold the road OK.