What should Ferrari's penalty be? | Page 10 | FerrariChat

What should Ferrari's penalty be?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by dretceterini, Sep 30, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What should Ferrari's penalty be?

1. Loss of all team points from Fuji

2. Loss of all team AND driver points from Fuji

3. Elimination from the team championship

4. Loss of points for the drivers only

5. No penalty at all

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Uh, I'm fighting two battles at the same time. :)

Actually that quote is a very good indication that this rule doesn't exist and that Benoit got it wrong. I also have to admit, that not finding it in the FIA rules is troubling and I found pretty much every other nit picking rule I could think of.

I'm still stunned that 40 pages would cover all there is and I could swear the commentators made remarks about the Wet Race regulation etc. But maybe this is a wild goose chase.

2. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    I would also think that there is more than 40 pages for the regulations, it seems like such a little amount for the complexity of F1. I would bet the teams get a much more in-depth rule book than the one posted. But we could be wrong on that one. Thanks for the great discussion.

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks likewise and to Dubai Vol. I never thought of trying to read the regulations myself, but if this is all there is, I might as well. Heck these 40 pages is less than the recent FIA verdict.

TV stations around the world hire ex F1 drivers/mechanics to discuss rules and regulations. But if reading only 40 pages make you an expert, I should send in my resumee to Speed TV. :) On second thought, maybe not.

I find it even more stunning that another 40 pages cover all the technical regulations. I would have expected several binders full of drawings and regulations for every possible bit of a car and its engine. The manual I get with my VCR has more pages than that. :)

4. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    You didn't respond to my earlier question about Ferrari having to change from intermediate tyres - if there is no 'wet race' rule what permitted the stewards to require them to do that?

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Correction: He is actually rated as #140. Just ahead of Heidfeld.

6. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    +1
    The three musceteers - priceless! LOL
    I wonder who would take the image of D'Artagnan.

7. Dubai Vol

Dubai Vol Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    back in Dubai
    Full Name:
    Scot Danner
    They sent an email....

Seems there is a bit of controversy over that.

8. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    That doesn't answer the question. If the stewards can require the teams (by sending them an email or informing them in some other way) to run on a certain type of tyre there must be an explicit rule that says they have the power to do that.

9. phylotic

phylotic Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 20, 2007
    US/EU
    Full Name:
    Gheorghe
    The only thing this tells me is that you are an avid believer of circular logic.
    Sorry, but after all the mumbo jumbo aristocratic airs about evidence and such,
    it's comical.

10. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    The SPEED tv crew said something about a general rule that allows the stewards to make such rules on the fly if it is for safety reasons. I haven't looked to see if they are correct. Maybe someone else here knows of this?

11. phylotic

phylotic Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 20, 2007
    US/EU
    Full Name:
    Gheorghe
    Practically everytime I had an interview printed, I was misquoted, facts were taken out of context,
    etc, etc. The truth is often massaged.

The article is vague - as I recall he didn't write that he wasn't paid
    he wrote 'there is not a shred of evidence'. As long as the author doesn't know about
    any evidence he is telling the truth. The use of 'standing up in a proper court'
    is also throwing up red flags.

I'm inclined to think actual money wasn't involved, just bks I don't see money as the motive,
    but then, Stepney's actions don't seem exactly rational.

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I would agree with what you said. And as stated before I believe Stepney belongs in jail and I think McLaren got off the hook way to easy.

But: It irks me when people make statements on here, that Stepney actually got a million for the data. Not that I can't imagine that scenario, but that has not been prooven so far. What he did is bad enough, we don't need to invent charges. That's why I'm hammering on this. If you make a statement that he got a million for this, show me where that was said.

On a somewhat related note: I have failed to back up my claim about the wet race rules (although I'm still looking for it, O.J. is helping me) so I have admitted that this claim was probably wrong.

13. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    So I was right, there were multiple ways that a Ferrari driver could win. Hummmm, you say no DNF's for McLaren? It's happened every race since your string of nonsensical posts. So you go look up the numbers. Another Mr. Knowi-t-all bites the dust.

I would outline it for Todt as I did for you. Look at what happened over the last two races, a real shot at the title. Hummm imagine that.

"Everyone knows everything on FChat" - Except that they don't. Most follow the biggest probabilities and bet on them. More often they're right just by chance but when they're wrong, they pack up and leave the thread on their search for another thread they can "pick a winner" on.

Opinions are one thing but re-stating what others have already said is bogus. Come up with an original thought and use it before claiming anything, you may not be right all the time but at least you will be spouting your own ideas.

Nice chatting with you. I noticed after Fugi you packed up, as coincidence would have it that was the the start of the McLaren DNF problem. Appropriate timing.

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Update: The 40 pages (20 if you leave off the French translation) are indeed NOT comprehensive. I just received a 90+ page document from a team member about the technical regulations.

15. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Ummm...D'Artagnan was not one of the three musketeers. They were, IIRC, Athos, Porthos and Aramis or something like that :p

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The three mouseketeers were Brittney, Timberlake...ah never mind.

17. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Well, that is the whole idea. We know who the three musketeers are (in the book and in here), that's why I was wondering who would step up to d'Artagnan's name.

18. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    I am starting to feel like Edmund Dantes... :D