What is Wrong With Brian France? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

What is Wrong With Brian France?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by BartonWorkman, Dec 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    #76 the_stig, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    As long as NASCAR leads (and I'm lumping IMSA in here too unfortunately) with their supreme arrogance and their absolute fear/loathing/ignorance of anything not invented in their fake-paneled offices then real racing is doomed.
    It's not _just_ Brian France - it's the whole bloody organization. They just don't want to know ANYTHING. If they didn't invent it then it doesn't exist and they operate on an absolutely unbelievable level of arrogance and incompetence. They employ people in positions of power who are lacking in basic interpersonal skills let alone management and leadership. They actually seem to look for people with no personality and more than a few have perfected the art of rising to the level of their own incompetence. There's some good guys in the trenches perhaps - but beyond that - a truly frightening and kind of disgusting operation top to bottom. The power they wield is ridiculous and their ability to make and break people who are only trying to do their job the best they can is frightening.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  2. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Nascar must learn to operate on a smaller scale than the heydays of the '90's and early '00's. That amount of popularity is NEVER going to happen again. Make the cars more STOCK and have templates that resemble the cars that they are supposed to represent. Let teams innovate. By that I mean don't be so over the top on scrutineering the cars. And please . . . . stop giving new teams, sponsors and some drivers (Danica) imaginary pole positions at Daytona.

3. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Won't happen. We are living in the "we must all play fair" society. What does this mean? Having someone winning races thru shear determination and hard work is a mortal sin. If we can not sell it to them, then they can not play. Now, if you're a mediocre driver with a big wallet or mommy and daddy have a big wallet, then "come on down". Building from scratch is simply a no-no. Why you may ask? Simple ....we (NASCAR) can not profit from this. And in the land of make believe racing, NASCAR knows best. So break out the check book kids because....we make the rules and you must obey them.

4. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Which really makes you wish that there were tapes of some of the conversations that must have gone on between a certain naming sponsor and the idiots in those infamous paneled offices.

5. Again, I say unto thee....(all you guys that used to love racing)...forgit abooouuuttt it. It's been happening for nigh on 30 years.

Learn to accept what you can't change 'cause, again, it ain't changin'... It ain't gonna stop gettin' worser and worser.

Also again, just be happy you caught some of the good stuff. I sure am. :) Younger folk never had the chance and think they're seeing some. 'A shame.
    'Sorta' wish I was older to have seen more (prior to early 60s) and less of all the bad stuff that's happenin' period..... :(

Isobel likes this.
  6. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    It is why when my Testarossa restoration is complete, the equipment and tools are gone. Your signature says it all. I will reside myself to sampling single malt scotch and scantily clad women on beaches in the world. Racing was great and I enjoyed every moment. It is indeed sad it has come to this.

Isobel likes this.
  7. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    The problem with college sports is most of us grew up WATCHING the great rivalries:
    USC-UCLA
    Ohio State-Michigan
    Auburn-Alabama
    Florida-Georgia
    Texas-Oklahoma
    Notre Dame-USC
    Nebraska-Oklahoma
    Then, a stupid, crazy thing happened - teams decided to leave their conferences, you have a team on the east
    coast (Rutgers) and a team in the middle of nowhere (Nebraska) in the BIG 10.
    Then you have West Virginia in the BIG 12 (formerly the BIG 8), you have Texas teams in the SEC, and
    NOBODY CAN KEEP TRACK ANYMORE!

THEN TELEVISION got involved, and just like in motorsports, it made people dump money into it, which ruined it.
    Your favorite college team better have a big-time booster that gives it a ton of money or it will never make it to the top.
    And you are right - the FBS is more like the FBS 20 - 30 AT MOST, but never the 130 (I think it's 118 actually), never consistently.
    Oh, you will get a handful of teams that do well for a year or two, just like you have a few teams in college basketball that get
    hot at tourney time and pull off an 'upset' or two, but those teams are never consistent.

rdefabri likes this.