What is Wrong With Brian France? | FerrariChat

What is Wrong With Brian France?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by BartonWorkman, Dec 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    raider1968 likes this.
  2. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Your right - he is a complete ass wipe

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    he and JC had plans to score some blow and pick up hookers. no time for this nonsense

4. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    LOL!

Hookers and blow in Vegas?

My illusions are forever shattered.

BHW

5. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    nothing is sacred, not even Vegas.

:p

6. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Perhaps he had his pals from the "Better Florida Alliance" on the phone and barking directions at them
    after their utter failure to gain any signatures on an online petition chastising the (potential) F1 Grand Prix in
    Miami.

Step carefully Brian, the toes you're stepping on now may be attached to the ass you have to kiss later.

BHW

7. Bill in Atlanta

Bill in Atlanta Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2004
    Can you please explain why you say "Jr. Jr. Jr." ??
    Every post, the same thing:

"Fake wood panennled walls"
    "Daytonner"
    "Jr. Jr. Jr."

Geez, come up with something new.....

GuyIncognito likes this.
  8. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Then he needs to hears this......

Evil stuff that blow!!! :p:D

9. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    You first...

BHW

10. Bill in Atlanta

Bill in Atlanta Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2004
    I'll ask again.....

what does "Jr.Jr.Jr" mean ?
    Why "Junior" 3 times?
    Does anyone say that ?

11. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    I think he's trying to say that "Jr." is about all we ever hear out of NASCAR and he's not even that good.

12. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    It's a little known fact that when you click your heels together and say "Jr. Jr. Jr." at the same time, Jr.
    will magically appear with a shiny keg of ice cold Mountain Dew and be your BFF.

Go forth now and use this only for good.

BHW

GuyIncognito likes this.
  13. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    LOL!

14. And repetitive use of: "Fake wood panelled walls"
    "Daytonner" ??? :confused::oops:;)

15. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I believe we documented at some point that the original NASCAR offices did, in fact, have fake wood panelled walls.

16. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Honestly, I think every house in the south back in the 70's had a room or more with paneling. I know ours did and everyone else in our neighborhood did. Was like drywall today. Not being a fan of it, just stating it was a sign of the times.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  17. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    As for Brian France, I don't know the guy but what he did was pretty classless.

18. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    While their are natural economic shifts that have resulted in a decline of NASCAR, they aren't the only reason.

19. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    *there are.

of2worlds likes this.
  20. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Care to enlighten us oh ye of great knowledge. We mere mortals can only surmise what has brought beer can racing to its knees. Please bestow you wisdom upon us.

I live for fake wood paneled walls! :p

21. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    yep, as a kid we had a game room in our basement with fake wood paneled walls.

come to think of it, maybe that's why I like NASCAR.

;)

BMW.SauberF1Team and of2worlds like this.
  22. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Oh come now.......You like it for the close racing and personalities. With creativity out the window, it's all about the personalities. You lover of DP ! :D (and that isn't Daytonner Protypes!)

GuyIncognito likes this.
  23. Very good!!! :)

24. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    I am on the younger side. I haven't been following racing for more than two decades like some here. The COT had already lost its wing by the time I started watching NASCAR.

The first major problem that started to cause me to disconnect is the repercussions of Denny Hamlin's fine for comments after Phoenix about the new gen 6 car. He said he was having a big problem getting aero tight when in close racing and it was preventing passing. Giving a fine for just being honest as a race driver because NASCAR thought it "hurt their image to not have everything be called perfect" was a super bad idea.

This fine resulted in a big disconnect where driver's started to avoid saying anything about the race in interviews, it could be taken as "bad for NASCAR" and they might end up with a "fin'n or suspendin'". They universally over the course of a few races shut up, or still said limited things but stopped being honest with the press and media.

It was especially bad as there was a cup driver I knew so I'd hear what they really thought about things during the week. After the fines for being honest and outspoke as a race driver what he'd say to me no longer lined up with what he'd say on TV. The situation is the same for pretty much all of them.

NASCAR got where it was from people perceiving a "realness" about some of the drivers, Brian France has stamped that out completely, they still compete, race, have their grudges, etc, but it is kept as out of sight as the driver can manage.

So that is issue #1

Issues #2, management by social media. NASCAR lets what goes on twitter have an effect on their judgement and decisions, unfortunately it is generally the people that car the least that get outraged on twitter. Just look at the comparison between the USA's presidential election, and social media based polls ahead of time. There are lots of people that will respect a person standing up and making decisions, as opposed to pandering to polling info; and NASCAR fans were the former, not the latter.

So they ended up making a lot of choices that aren't based on their fan base, but instead easily outraged social media types that don't even watch NASCAR to start with, and even with changes made still won't care. They chased the wrong audience.

I don't really like corporate spinelessness like this, make a stand, be bold. The wait and see what is on social media and then decide things on Tuesday just doesn't go well with me. Either something is right, or wrong, don't let the mass of potentially stupid decide things for you.

Issue #3, has to do with broadcasting, instead of letting the announcers run their mouths they now have corporate scripting. They can't mention a sponsor or paint scheme on a car unless it is an official broadcast or official NASCAR sponsor, gone are the fun nick names based on the paint schemes and sponsors of cars.

On top of this they no longer have tires, it is Good Year Tires every single dang time, no longer is there a gas man to put fuel in the car, it is the full official sponsor line every single dang time. Over saturation.

25. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Well done. That pretty much sums up all racing. Just like the NFL, they bring in more Hollywood crap and less of what the game was about. How I miss the days of the Bobby, Donnie and Cale settling their differences!