What is the most comfortable car you've ever been in? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What is the most comfortable car you've ever been in?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by F1Ace, Oct 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I've heard of 57's going for low 200's now. There is no end in sight for the depreciation on this thing. MB is going to loose their shirt on it. No way will they sell 1000 units a year.

Look at it this way, an early S600 sedan will only bring $13k at the wholesale level. Following that trend, the 57 may hit $35k when its all said and done.

2. gentry

gentry Guest

Thats sad, because its a great car. Just isnt much of a market for it. I think the problem is that you can get a lincoln limo for 50k new, and you can get a custom built coach (car or SUV) for 120k new on the high end.

That and I dont think it can compete with the RR and Bentley since those are both cars that you can drive, where the Maybach, even the 57, is really more of a coach than a drivers car.

3. K27

K27 Karting

Jul 10, 2004
    Vancouver BC
    Full Name:
    Lance
    Loved my Jag xj, sweet ride and nice composure too, after that it would be the 635 CSI a nice balanced car.

4. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

back in 1990, i had a 85 maserati quattroporte. i am 6-4 and must say i had not been in nor have since been in a more comfy car. i drove the car for over 20k miles...not all at once though!

5. kito

kito Karting

Sep 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    Keith
    the Bentley Brooklands is a pretty comfortable car, as well as easy to drive. Lincoln Continental was a little more comfortable (as it should have, being 7 years newer than the Bentley), but didn't have as much punch or panache.