What is the definition of a 'clean' car? | FerrariChat

What is the definition of a 'clean' car?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by jet190rs, Oct 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jet190rs

jet190rs Karting

Jun 21, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Rich C.
    Is it always literal, as in 'not dirty'?

Or can it also be used to mean 'not modded'? For example, sometimes I'll see cars described as clean in discussions about modding, and it seems like they're referring to how a car has very minimal mods, no wild bodykits, maybe just rims, looks very stock, etc.

2. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Pretty much a smoothe clean car. Meaning, nothing stands out, looks awkward on the car. Everything just flows.

3. Frozenguy

Frozenguy Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2004
    Bay Area, Califronia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    well, from my understanding and use of the word which i see as it being pretty accurate atleast with the people i use it with, it just simply means that is a nice car over all. it isn't trashed, it isn't abused, modded or not, it is just gravy (not literal). like, someone called my z clean.. it was actually a little dirty but it had a scratch there and here and it is 13 years old and moderatly modded. someone else (same type of person though [age, place in life, stuff like that]) said my new benz was "clean". so clean as in like, nice, good condition, i wouldn't mind to say it was mine, cool.. things like that.. i say it.. i sometimes say it when you dont know what else to say.. like my friend got a 90 sentra and she is hella excited about it.. i told her i really liked it and thought it was clean. lol.. but i also told my friend his new 355 was "clean".. so you know, it means what i said at minimum.. but it doesn't actually mean not dirty, not modded, not crashed, not anything.. like, clean is nice, it feels nice, it smells nice its all around nice..

peter

4. Kram

Kram Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Park bench, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mark
    A clean car is an automobile that has never been used to carry small children. Anything else - be it a dump truck or a Massy Ferguson muck spreader is ‘clean’.

5. Ferrari330P4

Ferrari330P4 Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2005
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Jag XJ220 and koeningseigdfsgkdlgj="clean cars"