What holds the front of the cheese grater to the body? | FerrariChat

What holds the front of the cheese grater to the body?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Alden, Jun 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    The slim front portion of some the "fingers"on my cheese graters are not held to the body by anything.

What is supposed to attach them to the body at the front?

It looks like someone put some double stick tape on the back of one or two of them at the at some time, but it is not holding.

Would 3M emblem adhesive tape be a viable solution? Or is there something better or more appropriate?

Would I need to remove the entire assembly to properly install them?
    Alden

2. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #2 soucorp, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The front fingers should look like these, (held in place with vanes sticking out that squeezes into the little holds on the car) and with only a philips screw in the rear. Looks like yours have broken off from someone who didn't know how to take them off or by an auto detailer that broke them off while waxing.
    If yours have broken off, then most likely it will vibrate and make noises so securing them with 3m double sided tape would be best. You will need to custom trim a long narrow strip of tape so they can't be seen from front facing.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Yup what Mike said mine had body colored Philips screws holding it on. I used to check them occasionaly to make sure they were snug.

4. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    So cheese has nothing to do with it?

5. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I think once or twice I had a grilled cheese sandwich shortly after checking the screws.

6. porchnut

porchnut Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2014
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Andrew Bober
    I learn something everyday from you guys, cheese grater, now that is something I can remember I think?

7. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    We are here to help.