What Bondo style goo would you use to make sculpture?

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by bitzman, Feb 15, 2021.

  1. bitzman

    bitzman F1 Rookie

    Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    I want to make a clad metal sculpture of small pieces tack welded together but I forgot the name of the Bondo like paste I bought to try the underform (under the metal "skin") but I was dismayed when the body paste dried within minutes and was so hard when dry i couldn't dent it with a rough steel file. I think it was called All Metal. I need a recommendation of a filler material that can stand the heat of the torch because once I am cladding the rough shape with metal I don't want the shape underneath to fall all apart when exposed to heat? This All Metal is $33.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
  2. To remove this ad click here.

  3. energy88

    energy88 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

    Jan 21, 2012
    Fredericksburg, VA & Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Don't try JBWeld SteelStik. My last experience with it was a disaster- would never harden. Don't know if it is suitable for welding, either.
  4. 350HPMondial

    350HPMondial F1 Rookie

    Feb 1, 2002
    18 mi from the surf.
    Full Name:
    HI FERRARI bros
    Bondo is just shreaded newspaper and Polyester Resin.
    use a brand like ,,
    “Evercoat,” that uses micro-beads. ..
    and, use your PPE.

Share This Page