What adhesive for chassis/control arm studs on F360 | FerrariChat

What adhesive for chassis/control arm studs on F360

Discussion in '360/430' started by 348noob, Jul 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348noob

348noob Karting

Feb 25, 2008
    Singapore
    The F360 is coming to a certain age now, and I was wondering what we need to do if the studs come out of the chassis where the control arms are fastened to. I believe there is an adhesive or some kind of Loctite used there. Please share repair details if you have experience with this.

Was the adhesive used on the F360 the same as that of the F430?

Thanks!

2. 348noob

348noob Karting

Feb 25, 2008
    Singapore
    Specifically, I am referring to the adhesive required for the Threaded Bar and Threaded Insert that the Flamblocs bolt onto. Part numbers below.

13582271 Threaded Insert
    170155 Threaded Bar

Hope someone has the required info.

3. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

understood
    all I can tell u is that , I didn't use any adhesive and on track, the arm didn't fall out

4. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Typically if the WSM doesn't call for it, it's not necessary. That being said, if everything is torqued correctly, a little bit of BLUE threadlocker probably couldn't hurt anything if it gives you piece of mind. When I did my balls a year or 2 ago I didn't use anything, just paid attention to torque specs.

5. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    You can use loctite nut lock on studs like that, it provides some corrosion protection and the studs can be removed down the line. Avoid using stud lock as can be permanent as the name suggests