What a Ride!!!!! | FerrariChat

What a Ride!!!!!

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by tr0768, Jun 5, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tr0768

tr0768 Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2008
    maltby wa
    Full Name:
    Howard Musolf
    Candy and I took her 400i up and over the Cascade mountians to Levenworth today. Finally warm and sunny. Stevens Pass hiway is a 4700 foot hi pass up through a slice of the beautiful Cascades. Still lots of snow alongside the road and up on the ski slopes, for June.

The hiway follows the Snohomish river on the westside and once on top of the pass you follow the Icecicle river down east through Tumwater Canyon. The Icecicle river in various places has up to grade 5 rapids. Incredible beauty and mother nature at her best.

The Ferrari ran flawlessly. The total trip was just over 220 miles. This was our first real road trip since purchase, so I was busy watching all gauges and taking notice of the cars idiosyncricies.

Great smooth acceleration, vibration free hiway speeds. Good strong passing acceleration from higher speeds. Saving the best for last, with the top down under accel, up the long grades the exhaust was music to our ears..................and we averaged a pinch over 13mpg.

Once back on the westside of the hill, we filled up with non ethnanol fuel at a station we just found less than 5 miles from our home. We both had a delightful ride and yes we shared the driving, afterall, it is her car.

Damn the 400i Cabrilolet is an incredible road car and does it ever get the looks. While we were having lunch in parking area by the river, we noticed a young man driving back and forth accross the back of the Ferrari checking it out. As we approached the car to leave, he yelled out to us, and kindly told us that was the coolest Camero he had ever seen!!!!!!!!!!! Gee that really made our day.

Howard and Candy musolf
    1981 308gtsi
    1982 400i Cabriolet
    Maserati spider
    2 many brass era cars.

2. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Howard, sounds like a beautiful trip and just the type of trip that the 400i is made for. I'm surprised that the young man thought it was a Camaro since the horsie symbols would cause any truly informed muscle car dude to conclude that it must be a Mustang! ;)

3. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I was wondering up to this point.

lol, too much!
    These are a blast!

4. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    What! No pic's?

Sounds like a great trip!

Cheers!

5. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    Sounds like a great drive!!! Thanks for posting! :)

-G.B.

6. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    You're going to get banned if you don't post pictures

7. tr0768

tr0768 Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2008
    maltby wa
    Full Name:
    Howard Musolf
    I have not been able to find a patch cord for my Brownie hawkeye camera, seems kodak, does not supply them anymore!!!!!!!!

I finially got my laptop cleared of the virus it took on from the cruise ships network. I will post some factory pictures and some other neat car pictures from our recent trip to Italy.

Howard Musolf
    1981 308gtsi
    1982 400i Cabriolet
    Maserati Spider
    2 many brass era cars