What a day for a drive | FerrariChat

What a day for a drive

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ClydeM, Jan 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    65 degrees in January. What a day for a drive! Even had the top down.
    Though the Police thought it was a good day for tickets & I saw them everywhere with cars pulled over.
    And it seems as lots of folks have forgotten how to drive. It is not OK to go from the fast lane across 3 lanes into an exit lane without signaling and WITHOUT space between cars. It is not OK to cross solid white lines on your whim. It is not your right to turn when you want to regardless of whom you will cut off.

{sigh} Come on Spring!

dflett and EastMemphis like this.
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Wow. Lucky you! 32 and snow in Texas! Glad I got up early Thursday morning for a drive. Wishing you an early spring...T

3. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David
    tomc likes this.
  4. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I'm hearing maybe the rain forecast for tomorrow will come tonight giving us another opportunity for driving tomorrow with the added benefit of more salt washed away :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Little Joe

Little Joe Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2004
    Mahwah, NJ
    Full Name:
    Joe S.
    I was out today with the top down. Saw a black 430 (may have been a Scuderia) as well. We waved at each other.

tomc likes this.
  6. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Not only was it top down weather here in DC, we fired up the BBQ as well !!

tomc likes this.
  7. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Glad to see you got out in that wonderful weather! Yes it seems driving etiquette is rapidly going by the wayside. I think GPS dependency causes a lot of those unannounced launches across three lanes and your "space".

8. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I think it's just people dont know/aren't taught/dont care about the basic rules of the road, let alone basic courtesy.
    But there might be credence to your rational : Driver ticketed after SUV plunges into Lake Parsippany

...vehicle was driven by a 35-year-old woman from Lake Hiawatha police say.
    The woman and two juvenile passengers had already escaped the vehicle by the time police arrived. They were not injured, police say.
    Police say the driver had been trying to adjust the vehicle's GPS when the incident happened. She was ticketed for careless driving, and the vehicle was pulled out of the water.

{"But officer, it said 'This way to car wash' "} :p

9. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
    djs308 likes this.
  10. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
    But this weekend there's snow... so top is back up and 355 covered up and warm in the garage. Hope not too long till the next drive.

11. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Agreed. Last year we had a couple of 70-80 degree days in Feb. Maybe the Ferrari gods will smile on us this year as well and make it a short winter. I'd like some rain right after this snow to wash away the salt too.

12. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al