Weatherstrip In Door | FerrariChat

Weatherstrip In Door

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by SouthJersey400i, Dec 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    I think I made a posting a few months ago about this subject when I was looking for help. Now I have the solution.

The weatherstrip in question is the one fitted to the door, not to the body. I believe it is actually for noise reduction and not a true seal. It fits around the top and rear edge of the window. It fits tightly into a grove except at the forward edge where there is a screw to prevent it shifting. This is a very simple rubber only profile. Of course it is NLA at all the usual places.

I worked several weeks with Veloce Sport to find a replacement. Patrick was very helpful. He could obtain an original seal for two doors for $350, which is more than one of the complex door seal fitted to the body. He would have to order from Italy. He also tried to find a generic seal but could not.

I located a perfect fit at http://www.steelerubber.com. The part number for a 10’ strip is 70-2817-60 and cost about $25. It is a self stick type. If I keep the self stick tape on I need to just trim a sliver off one side to fit in into the two groves. I will test try it with the self stick removed and it may fit like the original without trimming. I am not sure the 10' strip will do both doors, I may need to order a 5' length to finish the second door (the short piece can be used for the vertical portion).

I think this is a very good solution if your strip is worn fray like mine.
    Ken