Vintage Ferrari at Russo and Steele Monterey | FerrariChat

Vintage Ferrari at Russo and Steele Monterey

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by wrgray68, Sep 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wrgray68

wrgray68 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 5, 2014
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Walker Gray
    #1 wrgray68, Sep 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello,

I am very much a novice here so I apologize if this question is misplaced. Attached is a photo of a vintage Ferrari that showed up on Saturday night at the Russo and Steele auction in Monterey (sorry for the poor photo quality). The car was not in any of the auction literature and I could not find anyone to tell me what it was. It showed up for about an hour and then was gone. I would just like to know what it was that I was looking at? Was it real or a replica? Why was it there if not going across the auction block?

I have never posted on the vintage forum but I am constantly fascinated/entertained by the conversation that goes on here. As a young Ferrari enthusiast I greatly appreciate the participant's contributions.

Any education that can be provided on this particular car would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Walker
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    A replica.
    See many more pix under Ferrari General Discussion, Monterey 2016 pictured by Marcel Massini thread.

Marcel Massini

3. wrgray68

wrgray68 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 5, 2014
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Walker Gray
    Thank You Marcel. I appreciate the information.

Walker

4. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks