Vineyards in the Champagne region. | FerrariChat

Vineyards in the Champagne region.

Discussion in 'France' started by Maranello Guy, Oct 14, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
    Hi there ,

In 10 days I'll be driving from Strassburg to London. I really wish to visit some fine vineyards on my way (Champagne region). Would be great to hear suggestions from you guys. I know you can arrange a lot of stuff but can I get some more specific directions. There are few companies with "big names/labels" but maybe some of you have personal experience worth to share ? Something more regional maybe ?

All advices are welcome !

Regards
    Tad

2. speedyb

speedyb Karting

Jul 26, 2010
    toronto
    Full Name:
    bill rowley
    #2 speedyb, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
    Bonjour Tad,
    In the southern end of Champagne there is a town called Les Riceys . It's one of the most beautiful villages in France. There are many small vignoble making some of the best plonk!
    The larger houses, Moet,Veuve etc move a lot of tourests through without much thought.The smaller makers are proud to show you there best. Much better tastings!
    If you down there,your only 1/2 hr to an hr from Burgundy. Chablis is a great town with many caves and chech out a vintner in Tonnerre. Domain L` Abbey. Organic reds whites and Cremant du Bourgogne, there version of champs but at 7-8 euros a bottle it`s amazing. You wont be able to tell the difference.
    I have a great friend in the area who can arrange some tours.
    pm me and I`ll send you his info and he speaks english.
    Bon voyage.
    Bill