Vettel,Perez and Sainz: What are your forecasts for next year compared to their respective teammates | FerrariChat

Vettel,Perez and Sainz: What are your forecasts for next year compared to their respective teammates

Discussion in 'F1' started by jpalmito, Dec 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Let’s get back to sport for next year.
    These three drivers will be compared to their teammates next year.
    Interesting to see in a year our predictions about these fascinating duels!

2. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    STR > VET
    VER > PER
    LEC > SAI

I think Vettel is past his prime and Stroll will be better. The other two predictions are no brainers to me.

tifosi12 likes this.
  3. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    For me it depends on which one of them will get the No1 slot in the team, whoever gets that position & support will possibly be the dominant character in the team.

Leclerc V Sainz - Tough call but i think Leclerc will win the battle in the WDC table but not outshine him in races. SF have chosen the golden child.

Verstappen v Perez - Another tough call and a interesting one, Verstappen will win more but Perez will hopefully be on his gearbox more than he would like. Team orders will come into play with Horner pulling the strings to favour his No1.

Vettel - Needs to find his Mojo after years having the blood sucked out of him at Ferrari, will outdo his teammate

4. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Only Stroll will be given MULTI 21.

5. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Hopefully Perez will adapt to the Red Bull, it's not an easy car to master.

Nembo1777 and jpalmito like this.
  6. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Sainz will keep Charles honest.

Nembo1777 and 375+ like this.
  7. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Leclerc will face his first true test, I'm still not convinced fully he's on the same level as Max/Lewis. I think Charles is only slightly better, but Sainz is less prone to making mistakes. I can see a scenario happening where Charles is the better driver, but Sainz taking home more points.

No hope for a deus-ex-machina at Red Bull, they need to stop the finger-pointing at the #2 seat and start fixing the culture that makes it such a failure. Perez hinting at a solid 2022 contract might change the dynamic though, since it will reduce Marko's inner Trump to shout "You're fired".

Vettel seems to be driving around like Massa did at the end, but without suffering a terrible accident. Stroll has nothing to learn from him and will outperform Vettel.

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Sainz: I expect a very one sided fight with Leclerc winning it clearly.
    Quali: 14-6
    Race: 15-5

Perez: Another very one sided fight, I expect him to be a lot closer than Albon was and match Verstappen in quali occasionally
    Quali: 15-5
    Race: 18-2

Vettel: His and Stroll's true test? I expect redemption from Vettel and he SHOULD dominate Stroll. He has by far the weakest teammate of the guys discussed and he should dominate him completely.
    Quali: 17-3
    Race: 18-2

*All numbers above assume no issues for any driver, no engine component penalties or impeded laps during quali.

E60 M5, stavura, Jeronimo GTO and 2 others like this.
  9. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Exactly my thoughts,
    but usually I’m extremely bad for anything regarding prediction so maybe in a year we’ll have a big laugh;)!

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  10. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    1- Verstappen will destroy Perez on qualy. On race they will be a bit closer, but Verstappen will still win.

2 - Vettel will destroy Stroll on everything.

3 - Leclerc will be ahead of Sainz in either qualy or race, but not for a high margin.

Bas, stavura, fil and 2 others like this.
  11. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Agreed

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas

13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    This might be one of those threads that will get quoted at some point next year. Hope everybody has enough crow in their freezers.

14. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I think everybody expects Leclerc to outperform Sainz and Verstappen to outperform Perez.
    The reasonable expectation is also for Vettel to outperform Stroll, but my guess is that it will be close in such a way that nobody will be able to tell whether not crushing Stroll was part of Vettel's contract, or that Vettel has had his time. Personnally I'm not sure why Vettel did not retire since I don't see what he will gain from driving an Aston Martin and competing with Stroll (except money that he probably does not need).

375+ and tifosi12 like this.
  15. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

I will not provide total blankets for all this

Evolution will be part of it as the new drivers adapt. Then we see who will develop and challenge faster. The established drivers will need little time to adapt to 2021 changes in the car. New drivers have minimal testing time now. I expect Vettel to be the slower to adapt to new car. Sainz I think will be quick from the go. Perez will need time as someone posted the RedBull is difficult as is.

16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    #16 375+, Dec 24, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    Well Lawrence Stroll has been dispersing his Ferrari collection. Perhaps he dangled one or two of them in front of Seb?

17. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    This is kind of the way I see it as well.

Kevin