Unusual 365 on ebay | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Unusual 365 on ebay

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by fez1238, May 10, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ryanbushell

ryanbushell Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Ryan Bushell
    I spoke to the owner yesterday and he said that the car has no service history, the tools are incorrect, and its missing the warranty card, dealer directory etc etc. The list goes on and on.

2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    A black hole.

3. ryanbushell

Mar 25, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Ryan Bushell
    +1

4. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    That sounds like a lot of money to change out some tail lights.

5. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    I spoke to the seller on Thursday - apparently he'd owned the car for 9 years and bought it from a friend and was only selling it as the space it took up was required for a new piece of metal working machinery as he runs a metal fabrication workshop.

I asked if the front and rear mods were due to accident damage, he said no and that he modified the car to his own taste. He seemed surprised when I said the value of the car was if it was original and I asked how much work was involved in putting it back to standard.

He said that he had all of the front items inc bumper and grill etc and that the rear wings were still there, underneath the modifications. He said for him it wasn't a big job to put it back as it was.

I asked what he wanted for the car for a quick sale and was told that the reserve price was £8k but he thought that it would far exceed that figure due to he amount of interest and phone calls he'd received inc. one Aussie who was in the UK and had offered £10k as he needed the car for a client (maybe this was the eventual ebay auction winner ?)

I thought long and hard about bidding on the car but eventually decided that I had too many projects with limited garage space at present until new garage built at home (the proposed size is 10m wide by 20m long plus workshop - cant wait for work to start in the next few weeks !!!)

Less than £9k for the car is a good buy for a 365, even an unusual one like this. I agree it's not exactly easy on the eye BUT it could be lived with for a few years until prices increase to a level whereby it's worth reverting it back to stock. To be honest I think it could even be worth it now if the car was mechanically sound and required £10-12k to put right.

I'm sure in years to come many of us will kick ourselves for not becoming the new owner and I for one would like to know who bought it and what the plan is for the old girl.

Anyone care to own up to being the winner ? No offence to our Aussie friends but I hope this isn't yet another car bound for upside down land !

6. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Russell,

I agree. I think that the parts on this car alone (engine, carbs, transmission, glass, interior, etc) was worth the sale price. I, too, considered it ... but for me the transport logistics (i.e. time and cost) made the decision for me... alas...

Cheers,

Sam

7. Tassie

Tassie Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2009
    Tasmania, Australia
    Full Name:
    Wayne Clark
    Not me.
    Anyone know what did it eventually go for?

8. ryanbushell

Mar 25, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Ryan Bushell
  9. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    $13g, folks, carbed engine and a gearbox, nothing wrong with this car at the price.
    I wouldn't be surprised to find out it becomes a donor for a re-body. After the sale of a few unwanted pieces the chassis and driveline will be cheap. I say well bought.

10. ryanbushell

Mar 25, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Ryan Bushell
    If the toolkit and jack etc had been included it would have been a bargain. They are a fortune nowadays.

I spoke to the seller but the tools he described to me were incorrect.

11. dinopaul

dinopaul Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2010
    Paris, FRANCE
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Did anyone keep the pictures of this car's sale ?

12. Nathan76

Nathan76 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2013
    Leicestershire, UK
    Hi Paul got your email I'll forward a couple on when I get 5 mins

13. dinopaul

dinopaul Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2010
    Paris, FRANCE
    Full Name:
    Paul