Undocumented part ... | FerrariChat

Undocumented part ...

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by raemin, Feb 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
  2. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Here is the according parts diagram, but no part number attached to it :-(

If I remember it right it is some kind of tank ventilation. There is a thread here on fchat about fuel vapour in the trunk dealing with it. From my experience they all stink...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. au400i

au400i Rookie

Oct 26, 2018
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Thomas Clement
    As christc said it is part 7 on the following diagram: https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/ferrari/400i-1983-mechanical/fuel-system/fuel-tanks-pumps-lines-37672 £70 from Eurospares.

This part is part of the emissions system which prevents vapour from the tank breathers being released directly into the atmosphere.

I had a similar fuel smell problem in my car I went through hand tightened hose clamps and replaced a few hoses as well as this "vapour control box". The worst ones for me were the ones between the tank and the fuel pumps which had gone very hard. Remember to check all the way forward to the engine bay as I had some hose connections needing tightening all the way forward at the fuel distributors.

Definitely makes for a mush more pleasant drive, especially for back seat passengers.