Tulsa Area Exotic Owners/Enthusiasts Read Here | FerrariChat

Tulsa Area Exotic Owners/Enthusiasts Read Here

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by scootmchoot, Apr 7, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scootmchoot

scootmchoot Rookie

Jul 31, 2011
    Let me start by saying that to many of you this thread/idea may sound horrible or not in the air of exotic car ownership, but I imagine some will understand precisely the kind of arrangement I am looking to start.

I have owned several exotic cars over the past couple of years and have enjoyed each one thoroughly but always felt at some point that I was ready to sell the current car and move on to the next vehicle. Last June I purchased my Gallardo Spyder and just don't believe I will ever want to sell it; however, there are still several other cars I want to own/enjoy etc. I only drive my Gallardo about 2500 miles/year, have a Harley, and also have a daily driver that is fairly sporty in-and-of itself, so I find myself really wanting another exotic but cannot justify dropping some nice change for another car that might see 2500 miles a year.

I am looking for someone in the Tulsa area who would be interested in setting up some kind of lease or potentially even fractional ownership on an R8 or F430. In such an arrangement I would be looking to purchase an R8 or F430 and share ownership or lease it out part-time to someone looking to get into exotic car ownership or someone who understands that you really just don't drive an exotic enough to technically justify a $100k+ car that just sits in the garage. I am also not looking to get into that timeshare kind of thing that I have seen with exotics where you purchase 1/12th of a Bentley of Ferrari 360. I would do fractional ownership with one or possibly even two established folks here in Tulsa, but I would prefer to find someone who would want to lease the car for a couple of weeks a month.

Although I use the term "lease" above, I use it really only to point out I would be willing to structure the arrangement as a lease in case a small business owner or other tax-savy individual might want something that comes with some tax benefits. Really, I would be looking to purchase the car and find someone who wants an R8/F430 two weeks out of every month or something else part-time. It would also be ideal for someone who maybe wants to try driving an exotic without worrying about depreciation or being locked into a long-term lease as I would be willing to arrange something flexible or short-term.

If anyone is interested, contact me and I would love to sit down in person over coffee or something and talk about what each would be looking for in an arrangement such as this one. For the right person such as a small business owner, the tax advantages of making it a lease and not having to deal with depreciation could really make this an attractive way to drive an R8 affordably.

As far as pricing that really depends on the car and the arrangement. I'm looking for a way to justify another exotic and not a way to make money.

Sorry for the long thread, but I really do hope to find an exotic enthusiast in the Tulsa area who may be up something like this if even only for a few months. I'm open to comments as well if anyone has suggestions on how to make something like this work.

2. deon.smith

deon.smith Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Maintenance is carried by which party?

3. scootmchoot

scootmchoot Rookie

Jul 31, 2011
    I'd be looking to pay for maintenance and tags/title out of my pocket. I would probably price the cost of the monthly arrangement to include somewhere around $50 per month that would go into a maintenance fund.

I honestly don't have any of the details set in stone. I thought I would check here first to see if anybody would be actually interested. The more I've thought it out, this idea is much more workable and practical with an R8.