Trunk cover | FerrariChat

Trunk cover

Discussion in '612/599' started by DebbieSidera, Jun 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DebbieSidera

DebbieSidera Karting

Oct 20, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Debbie Sidera
  2. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I would think you could make one?

Did yours collapse after you put something heavy on it? Because mine has come close to doing that.

It's a terrible part-- I would think you could have a much better metal one made, or something like that. The one that is in there feels like reinforced cardboard.

3. DebbieSidera

DebbieSidera Karting

Oct 20, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Debbie Sidera
    Don, you are correct. I remember from some F612 I have previously worked on, this tray is a very poor and disappointing quality made piece. I'm trying to find it for a customer of mine. He just bought the car and the tray was missing in the trunk. I told him that I would first try to find an original one and otherwise I will make one from scratch for him (and probably,... as you said, it will be better than the oem one).

Best
    Debbie Sidera

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Debbie- It is available in other colors for about $325. You could easily recover and give the upholsterer a really good idea of what the piece looks like.

5. DebbieSidera

DebbieSidera Karting

Oct 20, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Debbie Sidera
    Terry, the parts shows on stock in the Ricambi, Algar, etc websites but, when I actually processed the order to buy it, they called me back and told me that the part was not longer available. So, it seems like an error on their stock system.

Best
    Debbie Sidera

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Debbie- Last resort is probably Maranello Classic Parts in the UK, with direct contacts with the factory.

DebbieSidera likes this.
  7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Just an fyi for people, I make regular overnight trips with my 612 and so luggage goes in the trunk. In that lower space i fill it with my half car cover, spare jackets/sweaters for my wife and myself, umbrellas, microfiber cloths, etc. This gives good support to that trunk cover so it doesn't sag.

DebbieSidera likes this.