Trip to Dubai and/or Doha. | FerrariChat

Trip to Dubai and/or Doha.

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Jon H, Aug 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jon H

Jon H Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jon Halvorsen
    My wife and I are looking at a January trip to either or both cities -

Is it worth going to both or just chose one?

We are thinking of 5 to 6 days on the ground, we enjoy a mix of sight seeing, good food
    and some night life.

Thanks for any input or advice, Jon

2. rudyF599

rudyF599 Rookie

May 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Roger Kastoun
    Dubai is a lot more fun than Doha. And remember that traveling between the 2 cities is not possible directly at the moment..

There are 2 seasons in the UAE: summer and hell... so January is perfect time to visit

5 days on the ground in Dubai is enough.
    Food, beach, desert trip, nightlife, shopping at the mall. Old town is nice too to visit (Gold souk)

Inbox me if you need any info.

Hope you have a nice time.

3. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    I lived in Dubai for nearly 5 years and traveled extensively around the region (including many times to Doha)

My first piece of advice to you is believe about 5% of what you read on forums / in the news, the truth is, as always somewhat different!

Happy to give you any advice and tips I can, both are great places to visit in a wonderfully hospitable region that I love.

FERR430dxb likes this.
  4. Camp Freddie

Camp Freddie Karting

Oct 19, 2015
    London, Doha, Beirut
    I'm in Doha if you have any specific questions.

January is a cooler month so ideal for dune bashing and general wandering around. Its a small place though and filling more than a few days with things to do can be a challenge

As said above, the blockade is still in force so to travel between Dubai / UAE and Qatar currently involves going via Oman which is costly and taking approximately 6 - 9 hours depending on the schedule.

My advice is Dubai over Doha